Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again, found this on another site. These comments came after the VT Shooting.

The day after the massacre, Yankee Manager Joe Torre made strong comments about how easily handguns could be obtained. "I don't know how anybody can defend the right to buy a gun," Torre said, adding quickly that he understood that hunters need rifles, but that he objected to sidearms and handguns.

Torre is the son of a New York police officer that was abusive to his family. Torre has formed the Safe at Home Foundation to assist victims of domestic abuse. Someone mentioned to Torre that defenders of gun possession argued that armed students could have potential(ly) stopped the massacre.

"That's the N.R.A.," Torre said, referring to the National Rifle Association. With sarcasm, he added: "Arm citizens. That would make it safe."

by Joe LaPointe

New York Times

Thursday, May 24, 2007

page D3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
Dang. Joe just dropped big time for me. He and Boby Cox are the two best managers of our generation but Joe just coach Jeter and A-Rod and the rest of the Yankees and keep your mouth shut.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
He's from New York....does this really surprise anyone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,172 Posts
Rammstein said:
He's from New York....does this really surprise anyone?
And the son of a New York cop... Talk about twisted...!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
There's a reason I call it New YUck ....

as mentioned earlier ... :puke: on the Yankees
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,981 Posts
OKay okay okay!!!!

Take it easy on the Yankees.... 8)
Yes I am a FAN

Yes I AM from NY born and raised.

Yes people in NY would support carry. Its just the damn rich kind that have connections screwing up for everybody else. Everybody I know up there would love to carry. They just cant beat the dark evil government up there. :shakehead:

Yes Joe Torre should shut up and just coach. He isnt paid to make those comments. Just look how we are playing lately! Like crap! #-o

Yes there is nothing wrong with a Yankee! I like others here may have loved being a yankee at one time, but love the south even more. The older I get and the more ridiculous the NE gets. I wonder what this country is turning into and believe the only sane people are here in the south! (Hence why my family moved here) =D>

******* convert??? Yup you bet your ass I am. But I never forget where I came from. Now time to get back to cleaning my big ass truck!! :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
Sharky said:
OKay okay okay!!!!

Take it easy on the Yankees.... 8)
Yes I am a FAN

Yes I AM from NY born and raised.

Yes people in NY would support carry. Its just the damn rich kind that have connections screwing up for everybody else. Everybody I know up there would love to carry. They just cant beat the dark evil government up there. :shakehead:

Yes Joe Torre should shut up and just coach. He isnt paid to make those comments. Just look how we are playing lately! Like crap! #-o

Yes there is nothing wrong with a Yankee! I like others here may have loved being a yankee at one time, but love the south even more. The older I get and the more ridiculous the NE gets. I wonder what this country is turning into and believe the only sane people are here in the south! (Hence why my family moved here) =D>

******* convert??? Yup you bet your ass I am. But I never forget where I came from. Now time to get back to cleaning my big ass truck!! :righton:
:D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,624 Posts
Sharky said:
Yes people in NY would support carry. Its just the damn rich kind that have connections screwing up for everybody else. Everybody I know up there would love to carry. They just cant beat the dark evil government up there.
:bsflag:

That's a horrible excuse to cover up the fact that New Yorkers (the city and the rest of the state) have sat on their asses while politicians have taken away their freedoms and legislated laws that babysit the NY population. After a generation or two of that nonsense, people now no longer consider that they are getting a huge one in the pooper from their beloved elected officials. Yeah, there are a few people that complain, but very few.

I've had the luxury of growing up in the south and then living for 10+ years in NYS. The above, aforementioned is really obvious to an outsider like myself. I could kick myself for moving back last year, and I will be dancing in the Georgia streets this summer when I leave NYS.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
AV8R said:
Sharky said:
Yes people in NY would support carry. Its just the damn rich kind that have connections screwing up for everybody else. Everybody I know up there would love to carry. They just cant beat the dark evil government up there.
:bsflag:

That's a horrible excuse to cover up the fact that New Yorkers (the city and the rest of the state) have sat on their asses while politicians have taken away their freedoms and legislated laws that babysit the NY population. After a generation or two of that nonsense, people now no longer consider that they are getting a huge one in the pooper from their beloved elected officials. Yeah, there are a few people that complain, but very few.

I've had the luxury of growing up in the south and then living for 10+ years in NYS. The above, aforementioned is really obvious to an outsider like myself. I could kick myself for moving back last year, and I will be dancing in the Georgia streets this summer when I leave NYS.
Many people are liberal up there. People get the gov't that they want. If enough people wanted the carry laws better. They would be better. If thousands and thousands of people complianed to their reps, they'd see positive change.

Just like GA. Up to now, the people, as a whole, have been content with the PG law. That is changing now but it would go bye-bye next session if enough voters wanted it done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,172 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
Many people are liberal up there. People get the gov't that they want.
I think it's more like people get the government they deserve! And by electing the same old GFW politicians in NY, that's what's happened! I have sympathy for them, especially the ones who want better, but until the majority stops reelecting those people, nothing will change. Ergo, they get what they deserve!
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top