I am so glad that is what they mostly have against our rifles. :lol:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
When did Glock...nevermind. :runaway:

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
The US military has had a clandestine capability to produce "special" ammunition and munitions that are virtually indistinguishable from legitimate standard issue communist bloc ammo. The sole purpose of this ammo is to go high order detonation when used to disable the weapon and severely injure/kill the operator(s). SF inserts these "special" ammo into enemy caches & ammo dumps to create enemy distrust of their weapons systems and ammo. I forget what the code name for the initial project was in Viet Nam but I'm positive the military has not forgotten how well it worked back then.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
gun has a self cleaning mechanism. After so many rounds it disassembles for easy cleaning.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Must have been watching Al Jazeera while setting up his new progressive reloading press. One of those rounds might have been a squib, then KABOOM.....

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
howie1932 said:
Watch closely. Right before it disassembles itself, there's a bright muzzle flash that is abnormal.
That usually happens when things go Kaboom.

It warms my heart to see Haj get hurt. However minor the injury be...

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I watched the end of the video frame-by-frame and am reasonably sure this was a the result of a squib load. It looks like the pressure of the round after the squib popped the dust cover and blew out the gas piston and bolt carrier, and the remainder of the blast was channelled out the magazine well, forcibly ejecting the magazine.

This actually is what an AK-47 was designed to do in the event of a squib. The immediate predecessor of the AK-47 (the AVT-40, chambered in 7.62x54) also used a gas piston system but had so much reinforcement that the pressure of the round fired after a squib would actually explode the chamber, with results akin to a framentation grenade going off inches from the operator's face. Mikhail Kalashnikov wanted to prevent a similar problem in his design and so created the firearm equivalent of automotive "crumple zones" to prevent such injuries from occuring. Setting aside for a moment who predominantly uses AKs, it really is a pretty sophisticated platform. I personally prefer it over the AR.

Given who was operating this *particular* AK, however, I'm sorry that those safeguards didn't malfunction.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Just imagine if this was a transferable. *Cringe*

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
Just imagine if this was a transferable. *Cringe*
hehehe

You: "Hey man, check my new AK, I just got everything in from BATFE and picked up my $20,000 bullet hose this morning. Watch me burn these 30 rounds!!"

KABOOOOM!

Friend: "$20 grand huh. wow. that sucks man."
You: #-o :censored: :cry:

·
يفخر الكافر
3,938 Posts
EJR914 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLUQ_gnMrbc&feature=player_embedded

:minigun: Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! KABOOM!

:rotfl2:
Video camera: $35.

Poorly made AK47: $150

Ratty head scarf: $5

Remembering to clean your weapon after previous jihadi mayhem in the desert: Priceless.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts