Jihadi shows off his AK. Goes KABOOM!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by EJR914, Dec 1, 2010.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

2. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

Must have been a Norinco :p .

3. mygunstoo

mygunstoo Active Member

I am so glad that is what they mostly have against our rifles. :lol:

4. 175FO

175FO Member

Never seen an AK do that before, like a magic trick almost, now you see it, now you don't

5. Melissa5

Melissa5 Active Member

If only all of the "Jihadi" controlled AKs would do that :righton:

6. jdh31313

jdh31313 Active Member

Must have been a squib load...

7. ballcoach16

ballcoach16 Member

Too bad it didn't blow his head off

8. krmbigmac

krmbigmac Active Member

When did Glock...nevermind. :runaway:

9. bgs210

bgs210 Luggage Killer

Now that's a field strip!

10. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Does that mean Allah is trying to tell him something?

11. CoolHand

CoolHand Active Member

The US military has had a clandestine capability to produce "special" ammunition and munitions that are virtually indistinguishable from legitimate standard issue communist bloc ammo. The sole purpose of this ammo is to go high order detonation when used to disable the weapon and severely injure/kill the operator(s). SF inserts these "special" ammo into enemy caches & ammo dumps to create enemy distrust of their weapons systems and ammo. I forget what the code name for the initial project was in Viet Nam but I'm positive the military has not forgotten how well it worked back then.

12. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

gun has a self cleaning mechanism. After so many rounds it disassembles for easy cleaning.

13. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

Must have been watching Al Jazeera while setting up his new progressive reloading press. One of those rounds might have been a squib, then KABOOM.....

14. howie1932

howie1932 New Member

Watch closely. Right before it disassembles itself, there's a bright muzzle flash that is abnormal.

15. gruntpain1775

gruntpain1775 New Member

That usually happens when things go Kaboom.

It warms my heart to see Haj get hurt. However minor the injury be...

16. latter_day_hippie

latter_day_hippie Well-Known Member

I watched the end of the video frame-by-frame and am reasonably sure this was a the result of a squib load. It looks like the pressure of the round after the squib popped the dust cover and blew out the gas piston and bolt carrier, and the remainder of the blast was channelled out the magazine well, forcibly ejecting the magazine.

This actually is what an AK-47 was designed to do in the event of a squib. The immediate predecessor of the AK-47 (the AVT-40, chambered in 7.62x54) also used a gas piston system but had so much reinforcement that the pressure of the round fired after a squib would actually explode the chamber, with results akin to a framentation grenade going off inches from the operator's face. Mikhail Kalashnikov wanted to prevent a similar problem in his design and so created the firearm equivalent of automotive "crumple zones" to prevent such injuries from occuring. Setting aside for a moment who predominantly uses AKs, it really is a pretty sophisticated platform. I personally prefer it over the AR.

Given who was operating this *particular* AK, however, I'm sorry that those safeguards didn't malfunction.

17. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Was that the Glock .40 Carbine?

18. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Just imagine if this was a transferable. *Cringe*

19. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

hehehe

You: "Hey man, check my new AK, I just got everything in from BATFE and picked up my $20,000 bullet hose this morning. Watch me burn these 30 rounds!!"

KABOOOOM!

Friend: "$20 grand huh. wow. that sucks man."
    You: #-o :censored: :cry:

20. kineticmind

kineticmind يفخر الكافر

Video camera: $35.

Poorly made AK47: $150

Ratty head scarf: $5

Remembering to clean your weapon after previous jihadi mayhem in the desert: Priceless.