Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jewelry and Pawn at the corner of GA 400 and Hwy 53 is a gun owner’s/buyer's paradise. I have found several great deals there for not a lot of $ new in the box. Knowledgeable folks, too.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,926 Posts
They have a sister store that's the same way. Forsyth County Pawn on Atlanta Hwy in downtown Cumming. They have a larger firearm inventory than alot of the gun stores have. Their number is 770-844-8800 if interested.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
That's where I got my OD Glock 19.

There are some good guys there, but there are also a few assholes that act like your typical gun store employee. And I am using "typical gun store employee" pejoratively.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,926 Posts
Rammstein said:

There are some good guys there, but there are also a few assholes that act like your typical gun store employee. And I am using "typical gun store employee" pejoratively.
"Typical gun store employee" story, I walked to a gun store near my office the other day (not one I would normally go to) and asked if he had Walther PPK. His response was, "Why the hell would you want a piece of s**t like that?" I turned around and walked back out the door without saying another word.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Adam5 said:
Rammstein said:

"Typical gun store employee" story, I walked to a gun store near my office the other day (not one I would normally go to) and asked if he had Walther PPK. His response was, "Why the hell would you want a piece of s**t like that?" I turned around and walked back out the door without saying another word.
i know how you feel, i hate walking in a store that has glock posters
all over the walls, all the employees have glock t-shirts on.
they put down every gun you ask about, untill you say
"let me see that G19 over there" then that's the best gun in the world.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Adam5 said:
If they aren't that way about Glocks, they'll be that way about Sigs or XDs.
i agree, i just used glock for your enjoyment :lol:

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,926 Posts
:D

Actually, I may have to change my Avatar. After one night of carrying my new Walther PPK, I get the feeling that it may be carried more often than my Glock 17. Don't get me wrong, I love my Glock and it's my favorite shooter, but the size of the PPK makes it more comfortable for carry.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,926 Posts
Black Ice said:
Whats wrong with glock? i sleep with 2. :D
Nothing at all. I love my G 17. I was looking for something slimmer to carry on occasion. After buying / holstering the PPK last night, the first thing I did was sit in traffic and drive for a little over an hour. I didn't even know the PPK was there. After taking it to the range I went home for dinner, and about an hour and a half later my wife asked where it was, so I unholstered it. She didn't see that I had it on. I was carrying IWB in jeans and an untucked t-stirt.

I know that I'm losing some firepower from 9mm to .380. I need to find somewhere that I can play with a few watermelons and milk jugs, bring a few different HP loads and do some testing. Durring lunch I was at Bass Pro looking at some Remington Golden Sabre 105gr JHPs.

·
69,743 Posts
Adam5 said:
I know that I'm losing some firepower from 9mm to .380.
The term "firepower" is typically reserved for a designation of the magazine capacity or the ability to deliver a large number of rounds downrange.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Stopping power?????

Adam5; I once read "if you put a round through the snot locker then it doesn't matter what size that round is".
Just a thought,
I also like my Walther PPK/S .380, I actualy bought it for my wife to use but she hasn't had a chance to try it. Thats been about four years.
Take care,

·
Registered
994 Posts
Adam5 said:
After one night of carrying my new Walther PPK, I get the feeling that it may be carried more often than my Glock 17. Don't get me wrong, I love my Glock and it's my favorite shooter, but the size of the PPK makes it more comfortable for carry.
I know what you mean. My glocks are all getting rather lonely since I bought my Kahr PM9. Its just so easy to carry because of its size; I can take it places wear I simply could not take a larger gun.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Stories like that make me wish I had the money to open my own Gun Store / Range.

Then, I'd hire a bunch of folks from here. 8)

Think of all the free range time. And people who actually have a clue. :twisted:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was shooting at Oakwood Sportsman's Lodge and the range employee told me about that place. Said I had to check it out, and I intend to.

Thanks for jogging my memory!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts