Jewerly and Pawn

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by Watch_Their_Hands, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

Jewelry and Pawn at the corner of GA 400 and Hwy 53 is a gun owner’s/buyer's paradise. I have found several great deals there for not a lot of $ new in the box. Knowledgeable folks, too.

2. rajl

rajl New Member

That's about an hour's drive from where I am. Do they have a website or phone number?

-John

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

They have a sister store that's the same way. Forsyth County Pawn on Atlanta Hwy in downtown Cumming. They have a larger firearm inventory than alot of the gun stores have. Their number is 770-844-8800 if interested.

4. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

# is 1-706-216-1468. Great selection. I know of the one in Forsyth as well.

5. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

That's where I got my OD Glock 19.

There are some good guys there, but there are also a few assholes that act like your typical gun store employee. And I am using "typical gun store employee" pejoratively.

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

"Typical gun store employee" story, I walked to a gun store near my office the other day (not one I would normally go to) and asked if he had Walther PPK. His response was, "Why the hell would you want a piece of s**t like that?" I turned around and walked back out the door without saying another word.

8. tony218

tony218 New Member

i know how you feel, i hate walking in a store that has glock posters
    all over the walls, all the employees have glock t-shirts on.
    they put down every gun you ask about, untill you say
    "let me see that G19 over there" then that's the best gun in the world.

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

If they aren't that way about Glocks, they'll be that way about Sigs or XDs.

10. tony218

tony218 New Member

i agree, i just used glock for your enjoyment :lol:

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

:D

Actually, I may have to change my Avatar. After one night of carrying my new Walther PPK, I get the feeling that it may be carried more often than my Glock 17. Don't get me wrong, I love my Glock and it's my favorite shooter, but the size of the PPK makes it more comfortable for carry.

12. Black Ice

Black Ice Member

Whats wrong with glock? i sleep with 2. :D

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Nothing at all. I love my G 17. I was looking for something slimmer to carry on occasion. After buying / holstering the PPK last night, the first thing I did was sit in traffic and drive for a little over an hour. I didn't even know the PPK was there. After taking it to the range I went home for dinner, and about an hour and a half later my wife asked where it was, so I unholstered it. She didn't see that I had it on. I was carrying IWB in jeans and an untucked t-stirt.

I know that I'm losing some firepower from 9mm to .380. I need to find somewhere that I can play with a few watermelons and milk jugs, bring a few different HP loads and do some testing. Durring lunch I was at Bass Pro looking at some Remington Golden Sabre 105gr JHPs.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The term "firepower" is typically reserved for a designation of the magazine capacity or the ability to deliver a large number of rounds downrange.

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

You are correct. I'm losing some stopping power.

16. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Stopping power?????

Adam5; I once read "if you put a round through the snot locker then it doesn't matter what size that round is".
    Just a thought,
    I also like my Walther PPK/S .380, I actualy bought it for my wife to use but she hasn't had a chance to try it. Thats been about four years.
    Take care,

17. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

I know what you mean. My glocks are all getting rather lonely since I bought my Kahr PM9. Its just so easy to carry because of its size; I can take it places wear I simply could not take a larger gun.

18. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Stories like that make me wish I had the money to open my own Gun Store / Range.

Then, I'd hire a bunch of folks from here. 8)

Think of all the free range time. And people who actually have a clue. :twisted:

19. BergerBoy

BergerBoy New Member

I was shooting at Oakwood Sportsman's Lodge and the range employee told me about that place. Said I had to check it out, and I intend to.

Thanks for jogging my memory!