Jesse Jackson and Chuck's Gun Shop

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Brian618, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

Read this today

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/west/chi-gunshop_07aug07,1,2819446.story?ctrack=3&cset=true
    My favorite part was when the good reverend said this
    Anyone know where I can find a rifle like that? :lol:

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Anyone know where I can find a rifle like that? :lol:[/quote:1cbowugh]

Yea, about the M16s...no crap. He acts like you can just walk in and out of the store with a full-auto weapon...little does he know...

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

An M-16 can blow holes in a tank and I can go to a gunstore and walk out with one? Can someone direct me to that gun store? :roll:

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

He wants to punish a store because of what their customers may do AFTER leaving the store.

5. fallison

fallison Guest

I just read this from John Farnam:
    http://www.defense-training.com/quips/06Aug07.html

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Cool! :D

Anybody try it yet?

7. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Sure would like to see some #'s on how many of the gun incidents in Chicago are caused by AR15s, AK47's and the like. Bet a whole lot more are caused by the fo-tay than the 7.62.

Jesse is a just a criminal and an all around POS. The world will be much better off when he & his twin Al shuffle off their mortal coil.

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

We'll let you test that one. Just make sure that you are out of ricochet range. :D

9. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Yea Farnam is a must read.

http://www.defense-training.com/quips/01Aug07.html

Give them all the lie!
    01 Aug 07

In searching through presidential candidates' web pages, both Democrat and Republican, it is nearly impossible to find any clear statement of policiesand agendas with regard to the continued private ownership of guns by American citizens. Even RNC and DNC web pages are nearly devoid of substantive comment on this issue. What little exists is profoundly muddy and buried deep. Both parties, and all candidates, are obviously fearful of this issue and desperately dodge it any time it rears its ugly head.

Rudy Gulinani's Web Page features a short video of comments he madebefore a small, pro-gun group in NH, confirming the right of individual Americans to own and bear guns, as protected by the Second Amendment. At least, he came out and made a semi-clear statement on the subject, unlike other candidateswho can find no place for the topic in their speeches, nor in their web pages. However, the DNC's web page correctly points out that Gulinani, notlong ago, was an outspoken, passionate proponent for national legislation that would have virtually eliminated the private ownership of guns by all Americans, and when Gulinani was mayor of NYC, it was (and still is) nearly impossible for any resident of that city (still Americans, last time I checked!) to even legally acquire, much less bear, any kind of gun. I, along with the DNC, am confused!

Mit Romney, while governor of MA, signed legislation that banned the previously-legal possession of murkily-defined "assault-weapons." Yet, in a recent televised debate he characterized himself as a "supporter" of the Second Amendment. Curiously, on his web page, the subject is completely absent. Even in the "Ask-Mit-Anything" section, you only get to ask "pre-canned" questions, and, once again, neither gun-control in general, nor an explanation for his unprovoked attack upon the very weapons which are probably most protected by the Second Amendment, are on the list!

John McCain makes strong pro-Second Amendment statements under his "Issues" category. The "Issues" category of most other candidates is devoid of the topic. I love what he is currently saying, but, like Gulinani, this is an apparently recent "conversion." In the past, his support for this issue has not matched his current bravado.

All Democrat candidates, Barak, Hillary, John, Joe , even Bill Richardson, are grotesquely mute on the subject! DNC's web page had this to say about the subject in PA, although one really has to dig to find it: "With momentum for gun-control at a high level, this may be the best shot Democrats have at establishing gun-control in the state..." So, "establishing gun-control," whatever that means, is obviously still a DNC goal, albeit currently one of which they are apparently embarrassed!

I fully realize that, during the election season, it will be all but impossible to get a straight answer out of any candidate. On this, and other dicey issues, all will predictably perform a clumsy tap dance and then quickly change the subject, avoiding plain English like the plague! Accordingly, at every opportunity, we need to hold their feet to the fire.

I still believe the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. For one, I am extremely suspicions and skeptical of sudden " election-season-conversions," of which nearly all candidates have been guilty, some more than others. When one finds sticking with one side of an issue to be an impossible burden, it is the sign of an unstable mind!

Walter Raleigh said it best:

"Say to the Court it glows, and shines like rotten wood

Say to the Church it knows what's good, yet does no good

When Church and Court reply, give them both the lie

Tell zeal is wants devotion Tell love it is but lust Tell time it is but motion Tell flesh it is but dust

And beg them not reply just give them all the lie"

/John

created by [email protected]
    Copyright © 2007 by DTI, Inc. All rights reserved.
    created on Wednesday August 1, 2007 23:59:2 MST

10. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

I wonder how the Ballistics match up to the mythical .88 Magnum, "It shoots through Schools" Movie quote, anyone know it?

11. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Johny Dangerously. Great movie, funny as heck...

12. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

I agree, very funny movie. Maybe the Marines and the Army can agree on something for once :lol:
    [​IMG]

13. M249

M249 New Member

Negative... the Marines insist on using logs, whereas Army types know that Assault Rocks are HSLD.

14. M249

M249 New Member

Tom Coburn and Jesse Jackson have inspired me to create a new sig... I love FUD. \:D/

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:lol:

16. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

If those A-Holes were protesting at any of my local gun shops, I'd be really tempted to go and buy an SBR just for the "education" oppertunity.

17. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

But there's that PG law :(

18. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Read my signature line. :down:

19. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I plan on writing a letter to the local Archdiocese asking for their position on this jack ass in Chicago. I'd also like to write to the Archdiocese up there as well.

I will be the first one to state that if the Catholic church backs this @$$hat in any way, I will gladly walk away from the church. No where in Catholic social teaching is firearms an issue. If they don't have the balls to stand up and put this guy in his place, I'm out of there.