Jeff Cooper

Discussion in 'In the News' started by ber950, Sep 13, 2006.

1. ber950

ber950 Active Member

2. artz

artz New Member

A helluva guy.... he's had a great life. I understand he is in his ninetie's....
    :(

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Cooper's Corner

Does he still put out a column for Guns & Ammo magazine? I have not been a subscriber in years, but I occasionally look at it at the supermarket. It was highly opinionated, and I will always believe that he had too little respect for the 9mm round or any modern "assault rifle" or carbine (nothing but the M1 Garand for him, thank you), but he sure had a lot of good ideas and he presented them very well.

He is the last of his generation, isn't he? Elmer Keith, Bill Jordan, and all those others I grew up reading-- all gone.

4. ber950

ber950 Active Member

5. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Col Cooper has served his country in more ways than can be listed. His contributions to our cause in particular will live on long after the Col reports in for duty with St Pete. Semper Fi Col Cooper!

6. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

And when he gets to Heaven. To Saint Peter he will tell:.
    "One more Marine reporting, Sir!"
    "I've Done My Time In Hell."

Rest in peace Colonel

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." --Col. Jeff Cooper

8. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I love that line.

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized.

Col. Jeff Cooper Rest in Peace

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

That is so going into my favorite quote file.