Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
29,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a brand new WAGONEER that Jeep would not put their name on.

There was no Jeep badge or emblem on the vehicle anywhere. (except the window sticker, and even there, only in tiny letters. Of course the window sticker will be taken down as soon as somebody purchases the vehicle.

Why is JEEP afraid to have their name on this vehicle? I speculate that it is for political social and cultural reasons.
JEEP wants to market this vehicle to limp-wristed tofu-eating progressive-minded pansies, and suburban soccer moms who are increasingly liberal on social /cultural issues. BUT the name "Jeep" reeks of rugged all-American individualism and traditional values.

So, they call it a Wagoneer but they won't call it a Jeep.

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Automotive side marker light
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
We have a new Jeep Wrangler and to be honest about it, if I were a Jeep executive, I would be embarrassed to put my name on ANY of them. It's not what might be wrong with it but how many things can go wrong with it... this week...

Reactions: G19

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
We have a new Jeep Wrangler and to be honest about it, if I were a Jeep executive, I would be embarrassed to put my name on ANY of them. It's not what might be wrong with it but how many things can go wrong with it... this week...
I feel your pain. 2021 bronco sport and the brakes failed at 12k miles after 2 recall repairs.

·
Registered
760 Posts
The new Wagoneers start at about $90k; I assume they just don't think a "Jeep" brand supports that.

Also, about Jeeps... some of the most liberal people I know drive Jeeps, mostly because liberals tend to be "outdoorsy", and a Jeep can get you out to the trails and so forth. It never would have occurred to me that a Jeep is in any way a "conservative" car!

(Just a reminder that probably, for the most part, car brands don't actually have strong political affiliations.)

DH

·
Member Georgia Carry
12,770 Posts
Use the lemon law. If they can't fix it right they have to give you another one or a full refund.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Phil, it has to a repair for the same problem for the lemon law to come into play. A Jeep has so many issues, the can go a year with a new problem every day and not repeat any of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts