Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks, for those who are interested:

You're invited to the January 19th meeting of the North Atlanta GeorgiaCarry.org chapter! Come out and enjoy a good dinner, meet and socialize with fellow chapter members, and exchange views on current gun related issues of the day.

Start time: 7 pm for dinner, speaker to follow about 8 pm.

We are pleased to have as our speaker, Cpt Cebula from the 4th Precinct, Cobb County Police Department. He will be discussing police perspectives regarding interactions between police officers and armed citizens, active shooter situations, and crime trends here in Cobb County. Do you have questions you've been wanting to pose to a police officer? Here's your chance.

Members, non members, and family welcome to attend! We will order off the menu.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,519 Posts
I don't know if I can make it.

One thing I'd like to ask more cops-- do they even consider the possibility of encountering an armed citizen "good guy" who has drawn his gun, when these cops arrive at the scene of a robbery, shooting, etc? Do they get any training about that?

·
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if I can make it.

One thing I'd like to ask more cops-- do they even consider the possibility of encountering an armed citizen "good guy" who has drawn his gun, when these cops arrive at the scene of a robbery, shooting, etc? Do they get any training about that?
Rest assured, when I talk to LEOs, this question always comes up. In fact, I'm going to prepare our speaker with some subjects that he can cover up front. Police interaction with armed citizens, from traffic stop to MWAG call to defensive shooting, will be a subject that I want him to discuss.

·
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should be able to attend.

Sounds like some good topics to cover.
Excellent. I actually should be able to attend, too, finally. Looking forward to seeing you again!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'll try and attend. Who doesn't love ribs!

·
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,936 Posts
I don't know if it will be this one, but now that my work schedule has been shifted, I may be able to make an appearance sometimes.

My schedule has been shifted to 10:00a-7:00p. It used to be 11:00-8:00.

·
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know if it will be this one, but now that my work schedule has been shifted, I may be able to make an appearance sometimes.

My schedule has been shifted to 10:00a-7:00p. It used to be 11:00-8:00.
Cool! Hope you can make this next one, or if not, a later meeting.

·
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bump for this, the meeting is coming up this Thursday.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
If arms and legs are working sufficiently, I'll try to be there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts