Jackson County Courthouse arrest

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by SheriffOconee, Jan 13, 2007.

1. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Rejects Laws

So this guy feels free to ignore any law he doesn't think is right or constitutional? While I may agree with many of his beliefs about getting government out of our lives, he has crossed the line from libertarian activist to criminal. Okay, maybe to give him the benefit of the doubt, he may have fully intended to be arrested to generate publicity for his cause. that would put him more into the "civil disobedience" category rather than a common criminal.

But still, the fact remains that he refused to register his vehicle, and instead created his own "license tag" which he considered a valid substitute for the State-issued one. And he told the deputies at the courthouse that he didn't need any permit for his gun and could carry it into courthouses or anyplace else he wanted to. Hmmm.... yeah, that sounds like a nut.

When the court imposes a fine on him, he will probably refuse to pay it, arguing that the court has no jurisdiction over him and that any attempt to collect the fine is an illegal assault on his civil rights. The only question is, will he finally see the light, or will he carry on with his attitute until he ends up serving a real sentence in prison?

2. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

This guy was not only asking to be arrested, he was BEGGING to be arrested.
    This isn't a guy forgetting a gun was in his briefcase, if it were I would be they would have let him take it out and lock it up before he went in...

THIS IS THE IDIOT WHO MAKES IT BAD FOR EVERYONE ELSE.....

3. blare

blare New Member

Can you cut and paste the article? I don't feel like going through all the registration stuff.

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

6. blare

blare New Member

Thanks Ramm!

:shock:

7. Foul

Foul New Member

While I might admire his views and guts, he's still a couple of beers short of a 6-pack.
    Pick and choose your battles with wisdom.

8. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

jackson co.

and just think , i live in this county,
    just proves i ant de dubnest one n ear...

9. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

He thinks that he's immune from laws???

10. gunsbillygun

gunsbillygun New Member

no cure for stupid people :help:

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

He has diplomatic immunity as a diplomat from "Freedom World." This is now an international incident!

:lol:

12. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe New Member

What a "ding dong"!!! I'm shocked the national media hasn't jumped all over this one.

13. 2Abeliever

2Abeliever New Member

D'oh. Some folks just can't get ir right.