IWB or OWB holsters that do not print?

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Patches, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Patches

Patches Guest

Looks like I am about convinced that a belly holster will be "moving around" so I need to come off this and locate a proper IWB or OWB holster. I think that the holsters I have on hand carry my Glock 23 too high in my holster and thus the pistol tends to lean away from my body and show thru my shirt. I have purchased a larger size shirt and it still prints thru it. Winter time clothing will probably be no problem with concealment.

What type holster do you use (IWB or OWB) that would be really concealable under my shirt? Can I really believe these ads that show a slim waisted fella and he has a concealed weapon under his shirt and you sure cannot tell it? Patches.

2. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Try this Comp-Tac CTAC. I love mine and wear it just under a t-shirt.

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I have comp-tac Infidel for IWB and it conceals just fine (Glock 23). If you only want to conceal, get IWB. That's obviously going to conceal better than OWB.

4. Patches

Patches Guest

My thanks for your reply. Is this holster IWB or OWB and does it hold the pistol handle close to your body?

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Infidel is IWB and yea the handle is just fine. As with any holster, it takes a little bit of time to get it in the right place. At least, it did for me.

6. Patches

Patches Guest

Reply to PTSmith224

IWB sounds like a good idea if you are comfortable with your holster. What mounting hardware, belt loops, clip, etc. would you recommend with the infidel holster?

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I prefer leather holsters over kydex personally. I've been very happy with the ones that I got from http://www.southernholsters.com. Tom is a member of both GCO and GPDO.

No matter what holster you get, I would VERY highly suggest getting a quality gun belt. A belt that's made for use with a holster will twist less from the weight of the holstered gun and hold the gun closer to your body.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Re: Reply to PTSmith224

I have the belt loops, but I think that's more of a personal preference. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

9. VolGrad

I have the CTAC with the J-clips. I didn't want the clips to show any more than they had to. They work just fine. Yes, it is IWB.

10. larz

larz Member

Re: Reply to PTSmith224

I have the Galco Matrix OWB with belt loops. I'm looking at the Comptac CTAC for IWB.....I think holsters are like shoes, you need several depending on clothing and climate.

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I just have the two comp-tacs and they work just fine for me. I'd rather spend more money on gun accessories/ammo/etc. than buying a bunch more holsters that *might* be better. :twocents:

12. VolGrad

True. I am about to thin my holster herd a little. Probably won't get anything for them though - I have a Fobus paddle for my G30 and maybe one for the Sig 22x series to get rid of. I have gone through a series of inexpensive holsters (in then end costing me a small fortune) until I could find what I wanted and what worked best for me.

13. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

If you want an IWB that absolutely WILL NOT print, get the Comp-Tac CTAC and then do the tab reversal mod. It sinks the pistol low in the pant line and hides the grip of a Glock 19 (and 23) very well.

I speak from experience because I had to do just that during the summer months when it was best that certain friends of mine not know that I carry.

14. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

I am 6'3" 207 lbs and carry either a Milt Sparks Summer Special II or a Comp-Tac Infidel, both are IWB. On all accounts the Milt Sparks Summer Special II is the better choice due to comfort and retention. The Comp-Tac is thinner and faster.

15. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

This from a man who says he can group 13 shots in 1" from 50 yards with his Glock. He's really 5'11 238 lbs!!!!! :lol: 8)

16. VolGrad

Explain the "tab reversal mod" part.

I have the CTAC with J-clips for my G30. I have them adjusted so the holster/pistol sits really low also.

For a second Comp-TAC (for a G19) I am trying to decide between another CTAC and the Infidel (so I only have 1 clip rather than 2 on the CTAC). I think I like the look of the "shirt tucker strut" but it is so hard to tell what they will look like/feel like from the picture.

17. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I used to have a "shirt tucker" for my G17. I didn't like the one offset strut. It allowed too much "wiggle" and holster movement when I moved around.

18. VolGrad

Good to know. I was worried about that.

Anyone else tried the single and double strut that might be able to comment on "wiggle" and/or any differences in conceal-ability?

19. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

basically you switch the two leather tabs.

20. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I have used single clip IWB holsters that had the clip centered (side to side) on the holsters with out any issues. It's just the offset clip on the Shirt Tucker that moved a little too much.