I've Got a LEO in the Family Now

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by rjinga, May 12, 2018.

1. rjinga

rjinga Member

Shortly after graduating from high school, my younger son decided that he wanted to try and become a Georgia State Patrol Trooper. However, you have to be at least 21 when you graduate from Trooper School.

So, at age 19, after a pretty extensive background check and application process, he started work with the Ga. Dept. of Public Safety, as a Safety Officer at the state capital. After about eight months, and with the encouragement of a couple of command officers, he transferred to the GSP headquarters as a Cadet.

He stayed there until he left for the 102nd Trooper School on October 1st, 2017. Yesterday, after 32 weeks (1,053 hours of classroom and group instruction, and an additional 480 hours of "on the road" field training), he graduated and is currently the youngest Trooper on the force at 21 years, 3 months, and 18 days.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    magnum1b, rmodel65 and Adam5 like this.

2. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

Congratulations. Quite an accomplishment, and I bet it was tough. I imagine you're proud of him, and rightfully so.

rjinga likes this.
  3. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I know you are very proud of him. That's great that he had goal at that age & decided on a path that will get him there.

rjinga likes this.
  4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Congratulations!

rjinga likes this.
  5. AzB

AzB Well-Known Member

Wow, that's impressive. You must be one proud pop!

rjinga likes this.
  6. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

Congrats. Do you know where he will be patrolling? So I can try to not meet him in his official capacity.

7. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

Congratulations! That's a proud moment for you and your son. Tell him to be safe out there.

rjinga likes this.
  8. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Congrats. And condolences. Anything like that has a good side and a bad side. Hope the prior is much more frequent than the latter.

Nemo

rjinga likes this.
  9. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Congratulations. Being a state Trooper is quite an accomplishment and being the youngest too.

10. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Congratulations. Lots of respect for anyone that makes it into the GSP.