iTunes problem

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Adam5, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'm having a stupid problem with iTunes.

I can work with existing music that is in my library, listen to a CD (I have iTunes as my default player), but I can't import a CD.

If I click in the CD and hit import it will start to import and then iTunes will crash after about 15 seconds.

I upgraded to the lasted version, no help. I deleted iTunes and reinstalled it, no help.

I'm running version 10.1.0.54 (just downloaded from apple.com) on a fairly new (bought in June) Toshiba laptop with Windows 7.

Any ideas???

2. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Active Member

Can you rip it from Windows Media Player? Try that to see if it's really a iTunes problem or something with Windows 7.

Cliffhanger

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'll try that later tonight, but I think it's a corupt file in my library. When I deleted and reinstalled I left my library alone.

4. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I ran into an issue where iTunes was unable to rip from my BluRay drive. I found out that the drive must be defective though as it was also not able to record to blank DVDs correctly. iTunes can rip from the other DVD drive I have just fine. I would suspect that you have a hardware issue, unless the CD itself is scratched/damaged.

5. mpc

mpc New Member

Also, be aware that if you import music that wasn't downloaded from the iTunes site, you will not be able to burn those to a CD later (through the iTunes application), unless that has changed recently.

6. Match10

Match10 Active Member

Oh yes you can! :devil:

7. mpc

mpc New Member

Really? Through legal means or does it allow this now? To be honest, I haven't tried it in a while, but on the two or three times I did try, it prevented me.