Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For new members.....I am very pro-teacher (married to one) & pro-LEO (would be one in another life). I just found this article and thought it would be funny to post. I am not trying to start a war, just proving a point I made in another thread; There are good apples and bad apples in every barrel.

[URL=http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/101807/cops_20071018021.shtml said:
AthensOnline.com[/URL]]Repairman eyed in ATM cash theft
Story updated at 8:45 PM on Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Athens-Clarke police suspect a repairman may be to blame for the theft of more than $4,000 taken from an automated teller machine at a Quick Spot convenience store, 1590 Lexington Road.

A manager at the store called police Tuesday after she found the machine's cash box empty following repairs. The repairman, who first came to the store on Oct. 9, reportedly took the inside housing of the machine, including the cash box, when he left. When he returned two days later to install a new machine, he replaced the housing and the cash box but left the machine unlocked, saying it was giving him an error message, police reported.

Police called the repair company and spoke with a representative who reportedly said repairmen aren't supposed to remove anything from the machine and added he would like to press charges against the repairman.

Published in the Athens Banner-Herald on 101807

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ls1ssdavid said:
Don't ATM company's or banks have there own repairmen? So it's not like it's just some random handyman.
Not sure. I think convenient stores or other business can actually purchase their own ATM machines which are not affiliated with any bank -or- they can contract with or rent space to a private company or bank. So there are likely firms just set up to service this industry that are not employees of banks, etc.

Ask JIG (forum member) - he said in a previous post that he does ATM repairs and electronic voting machine repairs.

·
Registered
263 Posts
VOLGRAD said:
ls1ssdavid said:
Don't ATM company's or banks have there own repairmen? So it's not like it's just some random handyman.
Not sure. I think convenient stores or other business can actually purchase their own ATM machines which are not affiliated with any bank -or- they can contract with or rent space to a private company or bank. So there are likely firms just set up to service this industry that are not employees of banks, etc.

Ask JIG (forum member) - he said in a previous post that he does ATM repairs and electronic voting machine repairs.
Your right about that.I'm a atm service tech myself and there are many companies out there that contract with whoever owns the atm to service it.I was just curious to know what company they worked for because if it was somebody from mine I would of heard about that.

·
Registered
754 Posts
VOLGRAD said:
For new members.....I am very pro-teacher (married to one) & pro-LEO (would be one in another life). I just found this article and thought it would be funny to post. I am not trying to start a war, just proving a point I made in another thread; There are good apples and bad apples in every barrel.

[URL=http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/101807/cops_20071018021.shtml said:
AthensOnline.com[/URL]]Repairman eyed in ATM cash theft
Story updated at 8:45 PM on Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Athens-Clarke police suspect a repairman may be to blame for the theft of more than $4,000 taken from an automated teller machine at a Quick Spot convenience store, 1590 Lexington Road.

A manager at the store called police Tuesday after she found the machine's cash box empty following repairs. The repairman, who first came to the store on Oct. 9, reportedly took the inside housing of the machine, including the cash box, when he left. When he returned two days later to install a new machine, he replaced the housing and the cash box but left the machine unlocked, saying it was giving him an error message, police reported.

Police called the repair company and spoke with a representative who reportedly said repairmen aren't supposed to remove anything from the machine and added he would like to press charges against the repairman.

Published in the Athens Banner-Herald on 101807
She's not in the teachers union is she..... :?:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts