IT'S CANCELLED

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by Bkite, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Bkite

Bkite PawPaw x 3

For various reasons, the Schley Co Adopt A Mile event scheduled for 10/9/10 has been cancelled.

2. GotUrBack

GotUrBack New Member

Damn! MP and I were heading down there for this event. Too bad!

3. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Bobby: I had just gotten the go-ahead to attend from the wife last night!

Is there any way this can be revived? What was the problem? Logistics? Did the speaker cancel? Can't get the BBQ?

I'm for getting together and picking up trash anyway! We could always just eat on our own...

Thoughts, anyone?

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I hope you are ok, and I will take this off of my calendar, but you need to, if you have not already, let the statewide Adopt a Highway Coordinator know so that she can get the Executive Director a message to send out through official GCO channels, with the reason, if appropriate to disclose, so that members do not show up that morning.

Thankfully, I read here frequently (and GotUrBack would have let me know, since were were going to ride together). I would have been ticked had I driven three hours and found nobody there.

Again, I hope nothing bad has happened to you personally, and this is an external problem of some sort.

5. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

Liberals declared it a "no trash zone", therefore there will be no need to adopt it.
    It will stay clean on it's own being a "clean zone". [​IMG]

6. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

What HE said! In my haste to respond it never occurred that something personal could be the reason.

I pray that it is not... and that you and yours are well!

7. GotUrBack

GotUrBack New Member

I saw it this morning and copied what he stated in the first post of this thread. I wanted to get the message out that it was canceled as this is a very active time of the year for festivals, TEA Parties, gun shows, etc and I wanted everyone who had plans to attend to know as soon as possible.

My thoughts and sentiments are those stated by MP and TimBob.

If there are other details that need to be shared, let me know and I will do so in the next update.