It's called personal responsibility, people!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Mr_Z, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Mr_Z

Mr_Z Member

Or....who can I sue for my lack there-of...

No offense to the lawyers here, but really?!?!?

Law schools are manufacturing more lawyers than America needs, and law students aren't happy about it

I personally think we already have way to many lawyers. I mean, I shouldn't need to retain a lawyer to go about my daily business, but it almost seems like everyone has to have a lawyer, just like they have a doctor and an insurance agent!

Worse, it has shrunk??? SHRINK! SHRINK!

Now the political rant. Really people??? The students are blaming the schools for accepting them, taking their tuition money, providing the education, and then there is no job for them. And it is the schools fault?!?! So now the school should be responsible for only educating enough people to fill the jobs? Wait, we'll need a government agency to regulate that. Assign each person to train for the jobs that we need people for, and ensure they have a job. Um, wait I think there is a name for that kind of government? Can't put my finger on it.

[email protected]!t people, take some responsibilty! If you applied to school, you borrowed the money, you are responsible to pay for it. Why didn't you research the job market before going to school, committing yourself to the loans. These people make my blood boil! How can they think that it is the schools problem?!??!?!

ARGGGG!

ok, I feel better now that I have ranted :)

2. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Re: Maybe this belongs in political

Isn't winning a lawsuit against the school that trained you a requirement for the degree? Sort of like a "practical skills" test?

Doesn't being successfully awarded the tuition money show that you learned something?

3. Mr_Z

Mr_Z Member

So, if you win, you lose? I'm so confused. :sly:

4. Mr_Z

Mr_Z Member

Oh Good. It isn't just americans that are not responsible for their own actions.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39897648/ns/business-world_business/?GT1=43001
    Who can I sue for my gut???

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

In law school I did a paper on fast-food restaurants' possible liability for making their customers fat and unhealthy.

The bottom line is that I really WANT such lawsuits to be brought now, in this generation, while there are still some Americans left who are comfortable telling an injured person "no" and "too bad, but it's your own damned fault."

I fear that if the first wave of such lawsuits comes in 10 or 20 years, so few conservative Americans will be left that these lawsuits will be successful.

But if they bring the suits now and LOSE, and if they appeal and LOSE AGAIN on appeal, the appellate courts' rulings will be either binding or persuasive authority to make future lawsuits on this basis a lot harder to win. This generation has the power to preserve freedom and personal responsibility in America for many generations forward, but ONLY if the question comes up now, and is resolved now, while our generation is making decisions.

6. Mr_Z

Mr_Z Member

How about this plan: You foot my legal bill, and I'll sue now.

If I lose, we get the precident set, and all is good.

If I win, we declare common sense dead, and split the settlement to buy comes for the zombie apocalypse :righton:

7. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

P.S. Too many lawyers and not enough work?

There is an old saying. "Many small towns don't have enough people to keep even a single attorney in business. But any town of any size can support TWO lawyers!"

8. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

I just saw this on Fark. WTF? Can I sue all those ex-GF's who dumped me and made me depressed so I started eating and gained weight? Can I sue my employees for stressing me out causing me to eat and gain weight? Can I sue clothing companies for not make enough big-waisted/shorted legged jeans that will fit me? :lol:

9. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

If you do, let me know if you need a co-plaintiff. :evil:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

10. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

I was hoping Volgrad (Kevin's) support. He's a shorty like me. *teasing* :D

11. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

so we should do away with the bar and go back to training lawyers by letting them apprentice....they can all become law readers. you can still do this in VA,CA,NY and others

12. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Anyone see the commercial where you're urged to call some lawyer if you were a victim of crime on commercial property, in a parking deck, or store? They were playing up the whole "lack of security" thing.

13. Mr_Z

Mr_Z Member

I guess they have moved from being ambulance chasers to being a little more proactive.
    "Help me help you....find somebody to sue"

14. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

These kids need to realize 3/4's of the lawyers out there suck at their jobs any how. Most of them rely on simplistic cases such as family issues such as land sales, deed transfers and the rest by creating paperwork and contracts. Is the market polluted with them? Sure, just as every other type of work such as IT jobs. You can thank places such as ITT Tech and the others for mass producing total crap, over charging for their degrees and turning these untrained people lose into the job market to take bottom dollar on the same job I've been doing for twice as much and for 10 years. It's how it works, survival of the fittest, weak man out. Do I have a family lawyer? Yes I do. Why do I have one? Because idiots that live in this country that think suing someone is their card to a free dinner and paid off debt. Mine is on stand by 24/7 to fight this type of scum which usually is the same scum bottom dwellers that feed on the welfare system and social security. This country has lost all accountability due to the new raising of this new generation. Poor parenting, poor ethics taught at home, common sense went out the window years ago. If anyone wants to blame themselves those people being the ones who failed to raise their kids the proper way and with morals and ethics. I was born in this generation but my parents didn't fail, they taught me what I needed to know and to do it honestly because those who do it the other way end up losing it all before its over. Lawyers seem to play a part in this, assisting those idiots in aquiring something they shouldnt be entitled to.

15. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Ouch! :shattered:

16. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Speaking of young lawyers... http://www.perrydeanellis.com/

This is the guy with the serial killer eyes, huge pegs in his ears, and has the overpowering rock-n-roll sound track in his TV spot.

17. Mr_Z

Mr_Z Member

Wow, what a winner :) I loved his workman's comp commercial! I hope he sued that tomato blind!