It's been fun

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by wsweeks2, Oct 2, 2007.

1. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Well guys, our IT department apparently has placed a company-wide block on websites having anything to do with weapons as a result of the whole VT fiasco (timely, huh?). With the upcoming wedding and all the running around I'll be doing, I won't have as much time to be on here unfortunately.

This sucks as this was where I came primarly for news and worthwhile reading.

After the wedding I'll be around more, but until November 3rd (and the week after) my time here will be pretty limited.

That being said, my birthday is this coming Friday, October 5th. To celebrate I'm going to Bullseye in Lawrenceville with some friends to go shooting and to play with some of their $10 rentals if you know what I mean. Anyone who would like to join us, feel free to shoot me an e-mail at wsweeks2 at comcast d o t n e t or we'll just see you there. Should be there early afternoon.

Also, I'll be going back there for some fun the morning of my wedding with my groomsmen as we won't have time to get a round of golf in that morning. Same invitation is extended for that day as well.

-Bill

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Fear not!

Grab the XeroBank browser.

Basically, it is a browser with security, encryption, and anonymity in mind. You put it on a USB drive [so if the company ever wants to search your computer you can take your usb drive and not give them evidence] then you open it up like any other browser. The difference is that all your information is tunneled through Tor servers that are encrypted from your computer to the last server in the Tor circuit.

This is a great option for people not tech savvy, but who wish to not let others know what they are looking at and/or bypass those pesky work firewalls.

3. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Hopefully I run into your guys on Friday.

Ram when you headed up this way???

4. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I am not blocked from this forum by work any longer but decided to check out your suggestion JIC. Would you believe it? It was a blocked site. LOL.

5. SigP229

SigP229 Active Member

Maybe you'll get lucky as I and Vol did....both were blocked only for a short while....maybe blocking this site blocks other sites that work cannot live without.

6. M249

M249 New Member

Too bad you don't work for our company. Our IT department encourages surfing weapons-related sites during breaks.

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I was hoping it would be sooner, but it looks like the next chance I'll get is during the Thanksgiving week. And I'll definitely be up for a trip to bullseye. :D

8. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

:ditto:

9. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

I have a feeling that it won't be temporary. Just sucks, but what can you do?

And Sharky, I won't be there tomorrow as I have a date with the soon-to-be-Mrs. We're heading to the Bullseye in Lawrenceville to play with some MP-5's and the like.

We may be heading up to Suwanee Town Center on Saturday night with some friends though for dinner if you're up for it.

10. FireStar

FireStar Guest

Our access at work was blocked recently as well. How rude. Apologies in advance if my posts are untimely. It's hard to keep up when I can't check in at work!

11. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Sounds like fun Wsweeks. I will call you later on today, Friday, regarding Town Center Dinner. Thanks for the offer.