It's a choice ? Well I'll consider it.

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by NTA, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I thought this was a joke, but David Garrow is a serious biographer. :| Not sure what to think.

2. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Nothing he says that garners him more progressive street cred surprises me.

3. phaed

phaed Active Member

considered it? lol...

[​IMG]

4. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

That explains Michelle... far more masculine than he is.

5. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

Their wives don't fool me.

[​IMG]

6. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

While some may be more susceptible to certain temptations for whatever reasons, engaging in immorality is always predicated on a choice.

The old, lame argument, "I was born this way" is a thin, transparent excuse in an attempt to cover one's sins.

7. Mrs_Esterhouse

I predict you'll engage in immorality, daily.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  8. Phil1979

Yes, we are all sinners. But does that bar us from speaking the truth about sin?

If that's the standard you're proposing, then we should all keep our mouths shut. Was that the point of your post, that I should be silenced?

Or is it only the sin of homosexuality that deserves such special protection?

9. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

If you weren't 'born straight' and it was indeed a choice, would you please tell us at what age you looked at the choices, sampled each and decided which one you'd rather have?

Or, did you make the choice without even bothering to 'research' your sexuality?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  10. Mrs_Esterhouse

I guess I was saying, why bother pointing fingers?

11. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

From the testimony of quite a few, some pictures, he did more than consider it.

He may have stopped doing it after he left the Senate, but. ..

I'd say we had our first well-known about bi-sexual President.

Research Anne Dunham and the Sexual Revolutionary Frank Marshall Davis, a father figure to Barack.

"Pop," Barack Obama

12. Mrs_Esterhouse

[​IMG]

13. Phil1979

Fair enough.

I suppose there are times when we are practically forced to do so.

Such as when it's thrown in our face that we must accept it as "normal", along with the phony excuses.

So my response is - No, I don't have to accept that it's normal nor do I have to accept the silly excuses offered to justify sin.

14. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Everything in humans is Nature v Nurture. Biological or Learned.

If it were nature or biological it would have died out millenia ago, ergo it is nurture/learned/choice.

Nemo

15. Phil1979

Sorry Falls, you're not making your usual good sense here.

Life is a process of gradual growth mixed with nature, nurture, etc. Because generally there is not a hard line where one goes from uncertainty to certainty in a conscious, single choice regarding sexuality, that does not mean a person is exempt from being ultimately responsible for their choice to live as a homosexual.

One might say it's "normal" because the beasts of the field do it. But do we really look to them as our example of how to live? Some species also eat their young. We may be "animals" in scientific terminology because we have flesh and blood, but humans are beings of an entirely higher order due to our ability to actually know our Creator. We have a spirit that will exist for eternity and are morally accountable to the One who made us.

16. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

You say that like it's a bad thing. I take it you don't have children. :neener:

17. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

Most of the people I know who believe that being homosexual (this is a different issue from choosing a homosexual lifestyle) is a choice also believe that committing suicide is a selfish act by a selfish person. I don't even try to explain anymore.

18. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

No, 'normal' has a definition and what you're saying doesn't fit that definition. I'm saying that homosexual behavior is a part of nature and that it's not 'taught' or nurtured into being from an outside source.

Homosexual behavior has been observed animals of roughly 500 known species (as of 1999) ranging from primates (which you and I both are) to gut worms. No one started a school and held classes for the gut worms to be taught to be homosexual.

I know my Creator, and She's just fine and dandy with some humans being homosexual, just as She is with some humans being asexual even though both do not increase the population.

So, I ask again, if homosexuality is a choice, at what point in your life did you sit down and have a heart-to-heart talk with yourself (considering both options available) and decide that manly love of another man's hairy backside wasn't the lifestyle for you?

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  19. Feral

Feral Active Member

Business opportunity!