Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Ithica pump

743 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  zookeper 
#1 ·
anyone ever heard of an Ithica pump shotgun 10ga called a roadblocker? anyone shot one? Heard they were made for state troopers to be able to shoot through the block of a car but it was more gun than the lawdogs wanted to shoot so it flopped. would like to have one some day. would love to see some pics of one also.

thanks all

#3 ·
Semi-Auto

I read an article in Guns & Ammo magazine back in the late 1970s or early 1980s about this gun. I thought it was a semi-auto. That would make sense, as a way of taming the recoil. I have never fired a 10-gauge, but I have fired a cut-down 12 gauge that only weighed about 4 lbs, and I fired a full 3" magnum buckshot load thru it. The kick shoved my right thumb back into my nose and made me feel like I'd just been punched in the face.

But I hear the Roadblocker is a big, heavy gun, and it should be fairly easy to shoot for a trooper (most of whom are men, and usually fairly big guys too).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.