Italian Scientists Claim (Dubious) Cold Fusion Breakthrough

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by EJR914, Jan 25, 2011.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/01/ ... z1C1KWFNdm

These scientist sound shady, just about like every other lying scientist who came out and said they have figured out cold fusion, but the fact remains that such a break through could change human kind forever. I guess we'll just have to keep holding out hope that someone finds out how to make it work, and is actually willing to prove to everyone how it is done. Right now these guys sound shady, but I'm always hoping someone figures it out.

2. Nullifier

Nullifier Active Member

Pons & Fleischman claimed to have created cold fusion about 25 years ago. They could never reproduce it to an observer and they fell into obscurity.

3. vooduchikn

vooduchikn New Member

Guess we will see. After reading the article and doing some research on the topic, I am skeptic. Really nothing wrong with plain old fission in my play book n. Been around it for going on 18 years and have yet to see the downfall. It has powered my lights and propelled the ships I have been on for years without incident.

If they have made it work, building something affordable and SAFE will be a feat to say the least. You just don't go selling Fusion technology anything to anyone.

Looking forward to more information, too bad they don't focus more attention to the biggest free fusion energy producing product we have...the Sun.

Cheers.