Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Italian Scientists Claim (Dubious) Cold Fusion Breakthrough

So naturally it’s a thrill to learn that two Italian scientists claim to have successfully developed a cold fusion reactor that produces 12,400 watts of heat power per 400 watts of input. Not only that, but they’ll be commercially available in just three months.

Maybe.

Cold fusion is a tricky business -- some say a theoretically implausible business -- and exactly zero of the previous claims of successful cold fusion have proven legitimate (remember when North Korea developed cold fusion?). Hypothetically (and broadly) speaking, the process involves fusing two smaller atomic nuclei together into a larger nucleus, a process that releases massive amounts of energy. If harnessed, cold fusion could provide cheap and nearly limitless energy with no radioactive byproduct or massive carbon emissions.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/01/ ... z1C1KWFNdm

These scientist sound shady, just about like every other lying scientist who came out and said they have figured out cold fusion, but the fact remains that such a break through could change human kind forever. I guess we'll just have to keep holding out hope that someone finds out how to make it work, and is actually willing to prove to everyone how it is done. Right now these guys sound shady, but I'm always hoping someone figures it out.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Pons & Fleischman claimed to have created cold fusion about 25 years ago. They could never reproduce it to an observer and they fell into obscurity.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Guess we will see. After reading the article and doing some research on the topic, I am skeptic. Really nothing wrong with plain old fission in my play book n. Been around it for going on 18 years and have yet to see the downfall. It has powered my lights and propelled the ships I have been on for years without incident.

If they have made it work, building something affordable and SAFE will be a feat to say the least. You just don't go selling Fusion technology anything to anyone.

Looking forward to more information, too bad they don't focus more attention to the biggest free fusion energy producing product we have...the Sun.

Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts