It was that time again.... Ruger SP101

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by DrGlock, Nov 18, 2010.

1. DrGlock

DrGlock New Member

Well, the sad truth is that I have very few revolvers and none that are good for CC (Taurus Raging Bull prints madly) so I decided to add another Stallion to the stable! :D

[​IMG]

Ive only shot some .38 special thru it but will obtain some .357 mag soon and give her a run!

I have to say, I really like this gun, and thanks to Beth at BJ's in Metter for the good price!

One question: How come every time I buy a new firearm my wife says "don't you already have one like that?" :shock:

2. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Re: It was that time again....

I CC the hammerless version. I love mine. I am almost as accurate with it at 7 yards as I am with my Glock. Shooting .357 is not too bad.
    [​IMG]

3. DrGlock

DrGlock New Member

Ooh where did you get the wood grip panels!? :D

4. mountainpass

pm sent

5. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

I love the traditional Bill Ruger designed revolvers. Built like tank from a solid block of steel, no sideplates, they digest full-power loads all day long with no mercy. Nothing else I'd rather use when testing a hot new handload (I have one of the original blued 7 3/8" RedHawks). If I were looking for a snubby in which I was actually planning to fire a lot of full-power .357 mags, I would not hesitate one minute to pick the SP101.

Best of luck with it, and congrats! :righton:

6. Melissa5

Melissa5 Active Member

SP101's are nice revolvers! I've got a 2.25" in target gray.

7. Ken1961

Ken1961 Dei Gratia

I'm actually trying to sell my GP100 to fund buying it's little brother. I handled one today and it's just a great fit.

The GP has become a safe queen. ...sigh...

8. cbeyond

cbeyond Member

nice gun .... I will have one some day ....

9. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

I used to have a SP101. I liked it a lot, but it was not very accurate, especially shooting double action. Great 20 foot gun with the 3" barrel though...I kind of wish I had not sold mine. :screwy:

10. ar-trvlr

ar-trvlr New Member

Nice. I love my SP101.

Mine is a beater that I picked up cheap, but it functions great - gotta love the Ruger over-engineering!

I'm not sure where Mountainpass got his grips, but I got mine (birds-eye maple) from 41 Magnum over on RugerForum http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=917376

[​IMG]

11. mountainpass

I got mine on ebay. A guy in Maine makes them, search "sp101 inserts" to find him.

12. Melissa5

Melissa5 Active Member

My inserts are also from 41 Magnum.

13. Lurch76

Lurch76 New Member

I have the SP101 in 3" and really enjoy shooting it. I also have the GP100 in 4" and am hoping to round out my .357 collection by getting the LCR in .357. I don't think I'll be shooting many .357 rounds out of it though.