Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
******* Engineer
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I worked the Rome Forum Eastman show this morning. It was a lot of the usual meet and greets, some good signups (first one was at 9:05) and a lot of good seeds planted.

But, there was one event that really made my day. Owen had stepped away to take care of something, and I had the table to myself. I had a gentleman come by, and I said hello and asked him if he had ever heard of GCO. the convo went something like this... (usual fluff and repetitive stuff not included..)

Me-Do you have a carry permit?
Him- I used to, but they would not renew when they found out I'd been busted with a joint when I was younger. I can't believe thats a lifetime ban because of one small item.
Me- Well, the laws about that changed last year. We were instrumental in getting the lifetime prohibition changed to a 5 year wait. So, if the Misdemeanor is longer than 5 years ago, it's no longer a prohibitor. How long ago was that?
Him- The 80's
Me- Um, yeah, that should not be held aganist you anymore. When did they deny renewal?
Him- The 90's. So I could go to the probate court monday and re-apply?
Me-Yes sir, and it should not be held aganist you.
Him- I am gonna do that, and if thats the case I'll be signing up monday nite. This is awesome!

We shook hands, and he walked away with a smile on his face and a spring in his step.

I have worked a few gun shows, met a lot of people (both good and bad), but this is the first time I have been able to see how our hard work has affected people in such a positive way. It really made my day when the guy walked away with a smile on his face.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,384 Posts
elandil I'd say great job but you don't need the affirmation. The feeling you got "grabbed you" I can tell.

:righton:

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
I had a similar experience at our last show in Augusta. It ranks amongst one of the best experiences I've ever had!

·
Registered
757 Posts
that sounds like a pretty good encounter, but as he was walking away you should have tapped him in the shoulder say, "wheres my fifteen dollars?" sounds like he hustled some info from you and bounced. :lol:

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
That would have made my day as well. :righton:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts