It has now officially been 60 days since applying......

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by BergerBoy, Dec 16, 2006.

1. BergerBoy

BergerBoy New Member

.....and no permit. I will be calling and/or visiting the Hall County Probate Court on Monday to have a nice little discussion. Planning on bringing materials regarding the Cowetta County case and seeing if anything can be done.

Oh well, I followed the letter of the law for a change and they haven't followed their own rules, so I really don't feel bad if I carry now.......

Wish me luck! :?

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Good luck.

May not want to carry. If you get caught that may be a reason for denial. Best not to give them any reason at all.

3. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

Call your state representative/senator. He/She may be able to help. They've helped others.

Besides complaining about the renewal time, be sure to ask about getting rid of the location prohibitions.

4. BergerBoy

BergerBoy New Member

Well It has been 121 days since I applied. I tried calling again today (second time this week), I started calling at about 3:50-3:55. I was on hold for about 15 minutes before I got cut off and had to call back. The second phone call had me waiting for over 32 minutes.......noone ever picked up.

I even stayed on the phone for 10 minutes after their 4:30 closing time hoping that they may be finishing up waiting calls.......all to no avail. I never got a return call from my message left a week ago. I was told my permit would arrive this week, but it's Friday and nothing has turned up.

Here's to you, Hall County Probate Court!

[​IMG]

5. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

:censored: :censored: :censored: Well, getting ready for my wait.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Not may, will. Don't forget you can also go to jail for up to a year. And if you went on to school property with a gun it could be a felony, whereas if you had the license and were picking up your kids it is no crime whatsoever . . .

Anyway, not only is it grounds for denial, but you are then disqualified for three years following the end of any supervision, parole, probation, &c.

No, don't do it!

This particular thread does not disclose the course of conduct between you and the probate judge, i.e., whether you ever had the meeting with the judge you forecast in the original post on the 60th day.

Have you stated your concerns in writing to the probate judge?

Have you met with the probate judge?

Have you contacted your representative and state Senator?

Have you joined GCO?

All relevant questions. You may have even answered them elsewhere, but I do not see the answers here.

Flipping off your phone may yet work, though, but only if you concentrate very intensely while doing so!

7. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

Listen to these gentlemen, they know what they are talking about; don't carry. Not worth the potential outcome, not worth a denial and not worth three years without a license.

Cooler heads prevail, my friend. Odds are, I will be in the same boat as you soon, but it will only sink if I shoot it full of holes first. :wink:

8. BergerBoy

BergerBoy New Member

Thank you for the concern. I can't say that I never carried without a permit......but I have strong political convictions for my actions, completely understood the potential consequences, and did what I felt was right/justifiable. I knew what I was getting into, would be fully responsible for my actions, and decided the actions were worth taking.

I have tried for two weeks now to set up an appointment with my probate judge, but to no avail. I have spoken with her assistants, who showed no concern, knowledge, or motivation on the subject and were frankly pricks to me. I have not submitted anything in writing to the judge (I was holding out for a personal meeting), but I have written two sets of letters to my representatives and the governor (one of which was quite thorough on the subject, the other was brief and only addressed the waiting problem). I have gotten no replies to any of my letters.

I filled out the form and wrote the check for GCO a few days ago, but forgot to mail it! It's in my car right now and will be going out tonight! Thanks for reminding me! :)

And I assure you, I had a Jedi-mindtrick vibe going on with the phone pic.....SOMETHING had to happen (I think I may have popped a blood vessel in my eye :shock: )

But there is an interesting conclusion to the thread......the mail ran late yesterday, and my permit arrived in the mail! Judging by the expiration date, it was issued on the 7th. Also, when I showed my father (I think I've got him convinced to get his permit), he noticed that the probate judge (Patti Cornett) is a good family friend, and I believe I know her from church! :shock: This can be a problem, as I still fully intend on having a nice little talk with her whenever I can get someone to answer the phone and/or call me back to set up an appointment.

But I am legal now. 121ish days later, I am legal. Feels kinda nice.....

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Congrats BergerBoy.

10. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Don't worry about it. For a while there the Post Office was 'forgetting' to deliver them.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

They are running (judging by the postmarks) now from next day to three days.

:D