It has now been 140 days for Paulding

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by Niceguy, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Niceguy

Niceguy New Member

I have now waited 140 days and still no permit!!! :evil:

2. MIchael

MIchael New Member

I received mine about 65 days later. Sorry for your wait.

3. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

Niceguy,
    Call Sheriff Harris, find out when the prints were submitted and who does the LEO signoff in the Sheriff's Office, and find out when the forms were sent to the probate judge...
    Please post the results here.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

What really gets under my skin is this: While the LEO running the Paulding operation should correct the issue (from pride in his job if nothing else), the law only gives him 50 days to make his reports to the probate judge, O.C.G.A. 16-11-129(d)(4), but this only matters if there is derogatory information to report.

"When no derogatory information is found on the applicant bearing on his or her eligibility to obtain a license or renewal license, a report shall not be required."

So, boys and girls, after reading this, is the report required, or does the statute say that it shall not be required? May a probate judge continue to wait on a report that the statute states "shall not be required" (assuming it states this, I dunno, does it)?

While the Sheriff needs to fix his issue, the probate judge should not be waiting on a report that the statute says "shall not be required."

Assuming it says this, of course.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

And just because I posted it here does not mean that the statute actually says the "report shall not be required." You see, the probate court of Muscogee County straightened out this issue about internet posting for us.

6. SheriffOconee

SheriffOconee New Member

MP, I understand. However, I spent some time talking to Probate Judges and I need some more information before I start a real big stink about a few things....
    Believe me, I have already started a stink, it just ain't over yet.

7. Niceguy

Niceguy New Member

So sorry it took this long for me to respond and I think the email reply never came to me. It has been a rough year or so for me, personal wise but I am now back.

I eventually got my CCW on Dec. 17, 2007. It took 6 months to get it here in Paulding County.

8. moga

moga New Member

Congrats, Niceguy. Better late than never. And welcome back.

9. Niceguy

Niceguy New Member

You got that right but geesh, 6 months....way too long.

Thanks.

10. Rayzr

Rayzr New Member

At this point, thanks to GCO and some of our Legislators, this should be a thing of the past.

11. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Just be glad that Shirley Franklin has no control over the issuance of GFL's.

12. Niceguy

Niceguy New Member

I sure hope so.

13. Niceguy

Niceguy New Member

You are correct on that but hopefully Obama doesn't get elected either.