Isakson Bailing From Senate

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Nemo, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Resigning because of health issues.

Nemo

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/459104-gop-sen-johnny-isakson-to-resign-at-end-of-year

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

If only Ginsburg would be so thoughtful. :sleep:

diamondback likes this.

3. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

I wish georgia would put someone more to the right in the Senate

4. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

I wish we could put someone that will stand up for something. We hear from Senators from all over the country but not a word from either of Georgia's Senators. Some are stating their case every day on national news outlets but not those from Georgia. We need Senators that have a pair. Or at least one large single.

5. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Whoever Gov. Kemp appoints as a fill-in Senator will perhaps speak volumes. Of good things I hope.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

“I’m hopeful that in the wake of a very emotional time we don’t have an emotional reaction,” said U.S. Rep. Doug Collins, R-Gainesville. “If we’re going to do something, let’s look at things that actually would work and … make sure our civil liberties are protected as well.”

As the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, Collins will be central to any compromise on firearms. He introduced a narrower measure earlier this year that seeks to make it easier for law enforcement to share information about violent threats, which he said would spur the kind of coordination that could have prevented other mass shootings.
    https://www.ajc.com/news/state--reg...ies-with-2020-nearing/upx6PcfL2tfWiKvk1zHaiO/

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

But thanks to you, this did not happen.

What’s more, H.R. 8 goes to the Senate with a poison pill which will make it considerably less palatable to anti-gun Democrats in the upper chamber.

Under a successful amendment offered by Rep. Doug Collins (R-GA), illegal aliens who fail background checks would have to be turned in to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

Given that most liberal Democrats want to abolish ICE, this threw the whole Democratic caucus into a tizzy. As the clock ticked on the roll call vote, Democrats sat there — stunned — trying to figure out whether to alienate their gun control base or the illegal immigration advocates.

H.R. 8 now goes to the Senate. So please stay tuned for our next alert which will urge you to contact your Senators.

https://gunowners.org/alert22819/

8. Nemo

I get emails from Perdue frequently. Not unusual to see him being interviewed on cable news either. Isakson-- never a sound.

Nemo

9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I welcome Isakson's departure.
    Let's replace him with a small-government pro-liberty constitutional conservative, who believes in the Second Amendment and the 10th Amendment.

Phil1979 likes this.
  10. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Since illegal aliens can't pass a background check anyway what are the Dem's worried about? They can't even rent a firearm to use at the range legally.

At this point in time I am not fond of all of the 10th amendment. I am wishing they had only put in the people and not left anything to the state.

mb90535im likes this.
  11. Nemo

I would nominate you GS but you seem to have a not well hidden 3 foot wide liberal streak in you.

So I hear anyway. Don't know if its true or accurate but you how things are, people talk, word gets around, you hear things.

Nemo

12. gunsmoker

It's the Democrat spies and counter intelligence agents waving hundred dollar bills in a trailer park for any chick that can tell, or fabricate, nasty stories that will keep me from getting elected.

13. gunsmoker

what about Hillary Clinton? She has experience being a US senator, she used to live in the South for a long time, and she's jobless right now ....

And she's experienced at moving into a state she's never lived in before and immediately getting elected to the Senate.

14. Nemo

They ain't waving the $100 bills for anything involving you.

Nemo

15. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Why not stick with a homie? Anyone seen Stacey Abrams? :panic: :lol:

16. diamondback

diamondback Well-Known Member

When I say my prayers every night I remind God "You gook Zell Miller and he was my favorite politician, You took jimmie hendrix and he was my favorite guitar player, You took charlton heston and he was my favorite actor. God are you paying attention? Justice Ginsburg is my favorite justice" Joke obviously. I originally heard it ending with Obama being my favorite president.

TN got marsha black over the amnesty rino so there is hope. The big problem is as close as abrams got i worry about this seat. In addition AZ looks like Kelly is running pretty close and that is only because the democrats are trying "out latino" the republicans on amnesty.

How ironic democrats who are anti-gun would defend illegals that tried to buy guns. OMG.

I would think GA voters are much smarter. I am a tad concerned about how close abrams got though.