Is yet someone else claiming credit for GCO work ?

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by BG_Atl, Jan 25, 2011.

1. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

I was checking on the Martha Zoller interview of GGO and found THIS
    at their (GGO) facebook page .....

and linking to HB 54 http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/20112012/108249.pdf

2. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

Probably just trying to follow in the footsteps of the NRA.

3. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

What's the point of this bill, when church carry will be settled in the courts, and thanks to GCO? Somebody needs to clue Mr. Franklin in! He's going to look a little silly.

4. ChipM

ChipM Active Member

Unless it is settled in favor of the State...

5. ChipM

ChipM Active Member

Doesn't GCO constantly encourage its members to meet with legislators in favor of pro-gun bills?

6. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I'm not so sure about that and even if it is I still want the legislature to remove the "place of worship" language from the law. Remove the confusion.

I really HIGHLY doubt that GCO is going to win their "carry into church" case.
    I don't see the black-robes allowing that. Its going to take the legislature.

7. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

When you see a GCO backed bill, it will be an awful lot better than this!

8. BG_Atl

BG_Atl Active Member

Indeed they do Chip.... The group here is Georgia Gun Owners... for quite some time (see other threads) they appear to have been a lot of noise, attempts to collect money and NO substance.
    Most of us were solicited to "sign a petition" except that none of us could find a copy of this
    petition we were supposed to be signing. More of a "sign here on this blank page and we will fill
    in the rest later". Interesting too is that GGO's only goal (that I could see) was complete and total
    unlicensed, unrestricted Constitutional Carry. Now... they seem to have adopted a piece at a time
    type of approach quite contrary to their earlier boasting.

As I've said (and many others) I will trust my voice to Georgia Carry (GCO) whose track record I can
    see, whose leadership is visible and whose methods are out in the open.

9. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Throwing bills into a hopper is the easy part. Getting them to go somewhere - now that's a bit harder.

Thank you, everyone, for your faith in GCO. Stay tuned.

10. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Exactly! When GCO backs a bill, it's a solid bill. The GGO "person" will sit alone at hearings, and will be eaten alive. Come to a hearing to represent a good, GCO backed bill, and admire the sea of orange "Guns Save Lives" buttons. :righton:

11. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

GCO has had members travel to the Capitol during the Ga Gen Assembly from such far away cities as Augusta! Not to mention a whole host of other cities from all across Georgia.

12. Viking

Viking New Member

Taking credit . . . or maybe the new Georgia Gun Owners president was on the ball with seeking out Rep. Franklin and getting him to drop the bill. It was a smart move and got a lot of good publicity for his organization, regardless of what you may think of them/him.

13. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

:D :righton:

14. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Who cares about credit? Results are what matters.

15. budone1967

budone1967 Die Hard GCO Recruiter

:righton: GCO has proven results and will keep getting results.

I have been aprehensive about GGO because of their all or none stance. Only time will tell if they have any results.

16. chateau

chateau Member

According to this link at AJC the courts have ruled against the Church Carry Suit. http://www.ajc.com/news/judge-upholds-b ... e=rss_news

The ruling is also posted at this topic viewtopic.php?f=29&t=55730

17. Taler

Taler New Member

Someone has a sense of humor, and apparently, an opinion of GGO.

"...Our Father, who art in Heaven, help us with our aim.
    Thy Kingdom come, give us our gun,
    as we reload in your house and on the range...."

Check this out: http://www.peachpundit.com/2011/01/25/g ... more-29581 .

18. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Check out HB 5 here:

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en- ... tion=31969

It seeks to strike all of Article 4 of Chapter 16-11 of the Georgia Code. That would strike every prohibition regarding weapons - machine guns, grenades, sawed-off shotguns, everything. Perhaps some of us think that is a good idea. It would also strike 16-11-173 - state preemption. So the state of GA would have no laws on weapons at all, but the cities and counties could do whatever they want. I don't think any of us really wants that. This bill has something important in common with HB 54. Can you spot it?

It makes noise and feels good to drop bills like this. I would be personally be in favor of some bills like this.

Generating and maintaining credibility under the dome is paramount. Extremism and rants really don't go far. I appreciate all folks who are working for individual freedoms here in GA. Needless to say, I think GCO is the best forum for accomplishing those goals at the present time.

19. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

When GCO started we sought advice from friendly politicians as to how we should go about getting things changed. GCO followed that advice and has had a lot of success (more than most of us thought we would).

Other groups in GA seem to have either not sought advice or ignored it and have had or will have limited to no success.