Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
Thanks for the replies. ATF is really goofy with these laws. What happens if I fire a pistol from my coat pocker? lol
You just manufactured an AOW and owe $200 tax on a ruined coat. And you can't throw it away until the garbage man pays his transfer tax.

#government

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,951 Posts
Thanks for the replies. ATF is really goofy with these laws. What happens if I fire a pistol from my coat pocker? lol
It will turn that one into a single shot. I have tried is with small autos a couple times and they would not cycle.

The shrouded hammer .38 snubbie on the other hand, ran through all five rounds with no issues.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Based on my understanding of the ATF opinions and laws it's not an AOW as long as it is obviously a visible gun and not disguised to look like something else, such as a wallet. I believe the determining factor is whether the slide is visible or not. IANAL. YMMV.

Here is a thread on it: http://forums.gunsandammo.com/showthread.php?27615-PSA-warning-or-gun-reminder

And here is an ATF letter one of the manufacturers of these holsters acquired from the ATF:
https://www.gunnersecurity.com/wp-content/uploads/atf.jpg

Now, the exact one pictured in the OP has the slide slightly obscured, but a lot of the gun is visible, so IDK.

·
NRA Instructor
3,391 Posts
This holster has been sold over the counter at gun shops for years without issue and without the ATF being involved. Perfectly legal to own and carry without a $200 tax stamp. As stated in an above post they are not worth it for rapid deployment of a small firearm. Getting a firing grip is difficult and time consuming when a split second matters. Jut look at it as a novelty item.

·
Registered
14,962 Posts
You just manufactured an AOW and owe $200 tax on a ruined coat. And you can't throw it away until the garbage man pays his transfer tax.
Is the garbage man required to undergo a NICS check before taking possession of the AOW coat? :-k

·
Proud GCO member.
7,960 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts