Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a NAA .22lr revolver and it has one of those "holster grips" on it.

My "holster grip" does not have the belt clip on it. I want to be able to just stick it in my pocket.

The law says "any holster" right? So I should be good to go? I don't want to break the law.

I thought I'd run it by you guys first.

Here is a link to what one looks like:

http://www.naaminis.com/custcry.html

It is the fourth item down on the link.

Thanks

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
What about the little clips you stick to the side of the gun?

That's a hipgrip, right? What if I stick the gun in my back pocket and have the clip over the edge of the pocket?

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
O.C.G.A. § 16-11-126

(c)...and the pistol, revolver, or firearm may only be carried in a shoulder holster, waist belt holster, any other holster, hipgrip, or any other similar device, in which event the weapon may be concealed by the person's clothing, or a handbag, purse, attache case, briefcase, or other closed container. Carrying on the person in a concealed manner other than as provided in this subsection shall not be permitted and shall be a violation of this Code section.

http://www.georgiapacking.org/GaCode/?title=16&chapter=11&section=126
Yes, a hipgrip appears legal.

And, to the original question: I'd say that "holster grip" is legal because it is a "device, in which event the weapon may be concealed by the person's clothing"

:ianal:

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
gsusnake said:
What about the little clips you stick to the side of the gun?

That's a hipgrip, right? What if I stick the gun in my back pocket and have the clip over the edge of the pocket?
Oh, and that isn't concealed. Not that it matters in GA anyway.

Goss v. State

The evidence in the case at bar shows that the witness and the arresting officer both clearly saw the handle of the pistol and immediately recognized it as a pistol. The pistol thus was not concealed.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And, to the original question: I'd say that "holster grip" is legal because it is a "device, in which event the weapon may be concealed by the person's clothing"
So the consensus of the board is that this thing is a holster, even considering I don't have the belt clip thingy on it? So it's basically a pocket holster? The whole thing is just flopping around inside of my pocket.

When this holster is closed up, the gun is in a secured state, you have to open it to fire.

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
So the consensus of the board is that this thing is a holster, even considering I don't have the belt clip thingy on it?
The Hoster Grip is made of High Impact plastic and has a belt clip on the back side.
:?: You took the clip off? I don't know about that.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You took the clip off?
No, the gun was previously owned by a police officer who took the clip off of it so that he could just stick it in his pocket. They don't have to worry about such nonsense.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Well without the clip it would not qualify as a hip grip. I would say proceed with caution. I don't think there is case law directly on point.
:ianal:

·
68,968 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts