Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
68,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The same judge caused uproar earlier this year by setting free another paedophile and telling him to give his victim money "to buy a nice new bicycle"

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Sharia?

I don't believe there is impeachment in Britain. I don't know if they need it in the parliamentary system.

ETA: I was wrong, but according to Wikipedia (not always a very reliable source), it hasn't been used in 200 years.

In the United Kingdom, the House of Commons holds the power of initiating an impeachment. Any member may make accusations of any crime. The member must support the charges with evidence and move for impeachment. If the Commons carries the motion, the mover receives orders to go to the bar at the House of Lords and to impeach the accused "in the name of the House of Commons, and all the commons of the United Kingdom." However impeachment has not been used for two hundred years (the last impeachment trial was of Henry Dundas, 1st Viscount Melville in 1806).

The House of Lords hears the case. The procedure used to be that the Lord Chancellor presided (or the Lord High Steward if the defendant was a peer). However since the Lord Chancellor today is no longer a judge, it is not certain who would preside over an impeachment trial today. If Parliament is not in session, then the trial is conducted by a "Court of the Lord High Steward" instead of the House of Lords (even if the defendant is not a peer).
However, some members of parliament feel that impeachment is no longer required.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I believe that Simon of Sudbury and the Archbishop of Canterbury were impeached a few hundred years ago.
English peasants' revolt of 1381

If if had been my child and this a$$hat told her assailent to buy her a bike!!! I'd be opening up a can of medieval whup a$$ on the judge and the perp.

reason 1,493,517 why I would not care to live in Europe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts