Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a new or different GA gun forum that everyone went to? I haven't been here in a long time, but it used to be way more active. I am not seeing very many current posts.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Activity has died down since Saturday.
There are 5 stages that need to transpire first. The denial stage is full on now. Not sure how long that’s going to last, but it will be followed by periods of anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Activity has died down since Saturday.
There are 5 stages that need to transpire first. The denial stage is full on now. Not sure how long that's going to last, but it will be followed by periods of anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.
I think the decline in forum activity goes back much further than Saturday.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Yu
I think the decline in forum activity goes back much further than Saturday.
Yup - I haven't done any statistical analysis but, to me, it appears that postings have been on the declined for the last few years.

·
Registered
536 Posts
No one has worried about 2nd Amendment issues in the past four years, apart from a few hiccups (bump stocks, etc). Complacency yields online laziness.

I joined (I think) around the time Obama was first elected (I want to say '08, could have been sooner), when people were panic-buying ammunition. Pretty annoying, paying top dollar for Blazer and the like for range days!

With the Biden term ascendant, folks will get jittery again, and that may spark a revival of actual "gun talk".

DH

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,720 Posts
The denial stage is full on now. Not sure how long that's going to last, but it will be followed by periods of anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.
Its increased to 6. Ask hiLIARy. #6 is Resistance.

Nemo

·
Swollen Member
11,889 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,015 Posts
I just calculated that the "average" age of a post at GeorgiaPacking, but NOT counting the "sponsors" forums which have really old content, is still 29.33 days old.
Yeah, there's a problem when most threads die off and go silent in a few days, and nobody either comments on them OR STARTS A NEW THREAD in the SAME SECTION, the same forum, for an average of nearly a month.

Reactions: Jonathan Freeman

·
Registered
708 Posts
Many of the more informative posts, discussions, and posters have left.
Much of the time threads degrade into pissing contests, involving one or two trolls, which rapidly decreases interest.
I completely respect people and their rights to express their opinions.
And it does get a bit tough to deal with toddlers at home and then online.

·
Romans 10:13
4,611 Posts
It goes without saying that this place is very different compared to the early days. Owners change, forums change and posters change. I think I see a pattern developing.

Reactions: MaricopaKid

·
Not new just forgot old PW
18 Posts
Been on and lurking since about 06, don't let my posting count fool you I lost my password and started over.
Just not the same place it used to be.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,720 Posts
AdBlocker. Does wonders.

Nemo

Reactions: mog

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,015 Posts
I'm addicted to posting here but I know it's a bad habit. This site does not make me feel happy to visit anymore. I'm not impressed with the substantive content (topics) being discussed, nor the manner in which people interact with each other here.

Reactions: Match10 and Slammy2

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,720 Posts
Heroin would make a good substitute. Crack works too if you don't like needles.

Nemo

·
Registered
13,499 Posts
I'm addicted to posting here but I know it's a bad habit.
And yet here you are.

This site does not make me feel happy to visit anymore.
Have you considered an anthropomorphic home companion to take the edge off and put a smile on your face?

I'm not impressed with the substantive content (topics) being discussed, nor the manner in which people interact with each other here.
This coming from Captain Pejorative! Oy! #-o

Reactions: mog

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,720 Posts
Dayum, I was thinking Captain Obvious.

Nemo

1 - 20 of 20 Posts