Post deleted

#5 ·
HighVoltageBlonde said:
I've read and read and read
But just can't keep it all in my head
And really want that gun by my bed
HighVoltageBlonde said:
drtybykr said:
you do not need a GWL to have a gun in your home, car, or place of business.
I meant to say permit, and I found the info elsewhere on the site. Sounds like dealing w/Fulton County's going to be a blast (no pun intended).
The Georgia Weapons License (GWL) is the carry permit here in Georgia. You don't need to have this to have a gun next to your bed or anywhere else in your home, car or place of business as drtybykr pointed out. You only need one while carrying outside of the above mentioned places.

See here and here.

Update: I called, and the girl said I need $30 in cash and $45 MO.
This site says it's $80 total. http://www.georgiapacking.org/gfl2.php?id=59

Anybody know? I'm going next week, and I don't want to have to go down there twice.
Price increase? See the last entry on that page. Take a c-note + and have lunch after you've finished. Let us know how it went.

#6 ·
HighVoltageBlonde said:
Update: I called, and the girl said I need $30 in cash and $45 MO.
This site says it's $80 total. http://www.georgiapacking.org/gfl2.php?id=59

Anybody know? I'm going next week, and I don't want to have to go down there twice.

Thanks-
HVB
The girl was correct as of 10/13/10. They can make only limited change you may wish to carry exactly the amount required. Don't forget your SASE.

#8 ·
HighVoltageBlonde said:
I didn't go, didn't have time. Going to do it next week for sure - probably Monday. What's SASE? I studied the lingo page, but don't remember that.

And do you mean the sentence that says "Starting March 1st 2010, the cost is now $80. $15 for the probate and $65 money order for prints." Maybe I should call again before I go, just to make absolutely sure. I don't want to go through all this as it is, (I've read the stories), especially if they don't know what they're talking about. :?
I was there on October 13. $30 cash, $45 money order for the PD. SASE = Self Addressed Stamped Envelope.

#11 ·
HighVoltageBlonde I don't know what part of Fulton County you are in but I think now you can do this at the North Fulton Annex in Sandy Springs if that's closer to you.. I think I'm right if not someone will straighten me out.

EDit: Song Dog beat me to it.

#15 ·
HighVoltageBlonde said:
I've read and read and read
But just can't keep it all in my head
And really want that gun by my bed
im going thru the same thing you are atm...I applied @ the courthouse on pryor...friday was 1 month already,expect to wait up to 90 days.

#16 ·
So apparently when at the ssgcr today I was talking to a Guy who works for sspd and he told me that sspd is now doing fingerprinting for gwls now. Can anyone confirm this?

Confirmed. the Fulton County Website has been updated.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.