Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search for this but didn't find anything.

Last night I was in Kinko's Fedex, and I may or may not have been carrying :wink: , when I started to wonder if because of the "Fedex" part of the store, is it off limits?

I know obviously that USPS offices are way offlimits but I thought Fedex and UPS for that matter are private companies. So it would seem that they are not off limits but I am not sure of any of those crazy laws that would somehow include it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Fedex is no more federal than the federal reserve bank.

You are A-ok to carry there.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ramm,

Thanks, that is what I remembered, but with all the stupid laws we have I was afraid of some indirect ban that could have gotten me in trouble.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well...was there a group of kids 'hanging out' in the parking lot? :roll:

·
68,968 Posts
Somebody is a little grumpy about the laws here . . . :lol:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Somebody is a little grumpy about the laws here . . . :lol:
You have no idea.

I only have two issues. The traffic (Gwinnett) and the carry laws. They are unavoidable issues that affect me directly virtually every day, though.

Maybe I'll be more happy when winter rolls around and it's 20* warmer here than in Indiana...with much, much, MUCH less snow.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,864 Posts
Warp said:
I only have two issues. The traffic (Gwinnett) and the carry laws. They are unavoidable issues that affect me directly virtually every day, though.

Maybe I'll be more happy when winter rolls around and it's 20* warmer here than in Indiana...with much, much, MUCH less snow.
Welcome to Atlanta Warp. :)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Another nice part of cooler weather is it is easier to keep them from knowing what we are doing :twisted:

But at the same time we are legal(??) GCO!!!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Warp said:
....Maybe I'll be more happy when winter rolls around and it's 20* warmer here than in Indiana...with much, much, MUCH less snow.
Snow, what is snow? :p We don't know what snow is here.

·
68,968 Posts
S&W 40 said:
Another nice part of cooler weather is it is easier to keep them from knowing what we are doing :twisted:

But at the same time we are legal(??) GCO!!!!
Yeah, concealment is a little easier when it is 20 degrees.

How do people in Wisconsin open carry in January?

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
People don't really open carry there. The LEOs won't let them. :evil:

·
Registered
192 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
+1

In most of WI you are asking for a "disorderly conduct" or some such nonesense arrest/charge. :roll:

·
Romans 10:13
4,638 Posts
Warp, have you joined GCO?

·
68,968 Posts
Warp said:
GAGunOwner said:
+1

In most of WI you are asking for a "disorderly conduct" or some such nonesense arrest/charge. :roll:
So they keep saying, but nobody can prove it has ever happened.

Over at opencarry.org, they are trying to arrange some open carry events right now. People from Ohio are even steping in with advice (Ohio had largely publicized efforts).

·
Romans 10:13
4,638 Posts
Axeman said:
Warp said:
....Maybe I'll be more happy when winter rolls around and it's 20* warmer here than in Indiana...with much, much, MUCH less snow.
Just watch out for the yellow snow. :-$

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,864 Posts
GeorgiaGlocker said:
Axeman said:
Warp said:
Just watch out for the yellow snow. :-$
Whatchout where the reindeer go, never eat yellow snow......

·
Sledgehammer
4,779 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Warp said:
GAGunOwner said:
+1

So they keep saying, but nobody can prove it has ever happened.

Over at opencarry.org, they are trying to arrange some open carry events right now. People from Ohio are even steping in with advice (Ohio had largely publicized efforts).
State v. Raven, 232 Wis 2d 559, Defendant was convicted of disorderly conduct for having a firearm in her hand in her own residence, not pointed at anyone, after officers drew on her and commanded her to drop her weapon, which she refused to do.

·
Sledgehammer
4,779 Posts
In the opinion of Nicholas v State, 49 Wis 2d 683, a witness testifies that he was charged with carrying a concealed weapon, but the state reduced the charge to disorderly conduct because his weapon was not concealed.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
jrm said:
a witness testifies that he was charged with carrying a concealed weapon, but the state reduced the charge to disorderly conduct because his weapon was not concealed.
how nice of them....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts