Is it too early to start damage control?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by foshizzle, Apr 16, 2007.

1. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

In light of today's tragedy, I think we all know that there will likely be a major push to make this a gun control issue. Is it too early to start writing our reps? I think we need to get on this before public opinion forms strongly against guns and not criminals. I plan on sending this letter to all of my reps tonight. Any comments? Is it tacky writing so soon? Is my grammer teh suck?

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

It does seem a little early. I mean, I know the other side has already started politicizing this, but it doesn't seem right. It's hard to set a "right" date on something like this because it can be different for everyone.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

But I would mention the statewide policy of expelling students and firing employees who carry firearms.

Like Dr. Phil says, "How is that working out for you?"

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I just don't understand why people want to make sure schools are defenseless. Currently, the only thing to prevent a crazy person from going on a rampage is... nothing.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Because as a child I would go crazy at the mere sight of a gun.
    And the fat bodies that are our school rent-a-cops are here to protect us. Never mind that they have probably only shot their pistols once for qualification.
    And let's not forget the blue lights with the phones, you know...in case you need help.

Yeah....that is my protection. Blue lights and rent-a-cops.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Fat lot of good that does if they are just standing around outside while the shooting is in progress.

The solution is to get guns inside the building while the shooting is occurring. There are several ways to accomplish this. One is to have them already present, i.e., by allowing license holders to carry on campus, as is done in Oregon, Utah, and other states (anybody care to compile a complete and accurate list for us?). Another is for the police to breach the door and aggressively confront the attacker. This is not standard police procedure, even for special teams (unless there is nothing but a little old lady inside).

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I got rear-ended by a SPD car once (no joke)...that was pretty quick police response.

8. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

I heard during some of the reporting yesterday that the cops did go into the second building. IIRC they were delayed because of the chained doors and when they finally made it to the third floor the guy already shot himself. From the report though it sounded like they entered the building while he was still firing.

There was some footage of an overweight cop huffing it down the sidewalk with a scary black rifle. Very confidence insipring.

What we need are "Classroom Marshalls": they can blend in with the college students but in reallity they are federal agents highly trained in defending against school shhotings. We won't tell anyone who they are, but the policy will require them to be the first ones to enter the classroom at the start of each class. :roll:

9. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

Ramm and Slaber FCA FCA ROFLMAO

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

No. We need to allow me and every other permit holder to bring their guns to class.

11. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Yes we now have a drinking game thanks to that overwieght cop with rifle, join us in the chat room for fun and games.

FCAx10

12. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Classroom Marshalls. Those guys wouldn't stand out at all... :D

[​IMG]