Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear it smells like bad BO.

I was cleaning my gun at Sandy Springs Gun Range, and they had Tetra gun oil as their lubricant, so I gave it a try. I almost gagged. When I got home the first thing I did was use Hoppes #9 to clean off the Tetra and went back over my gun with CLP because I would rather have my gun smelling like CLP than like someone ran the gun up and down their armpit.

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
I have to take a shower after using it, it seems to permeate Everything. CLP's not terrible, Eezox always reminds me of new-mown hay.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Tetra is the worst smelling gun oil ever made. I bought some of it at Crobar a while back. I agree, I have to scrub down after using it. Its not pleasant at all. It seems to work good though.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Fallschirmjäger said:
I have to take a shower after using it, it seems to permeate Everything. CLP's not terrible, Eezox always reminds me of new-mown hay.
Eezox and Hoppes... Its too bad neither company makes cologne. :lol: Love those smells myself, my wife hates them though.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I use both the Tetra oil and grease and haven't noticed any smell at all. I'm going to have to go home and get a good whiff of it now to see if I can smell what you are talking about. Maybe my sniffer is broken????

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Try G96 Gun Treatment, oil/solvert/cleaner. It smells very sweet. :shattered:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts