Is it just me, or does Tetra Gun Oil smell awful?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by ookoshi, Sep 23, 2010.

1. ookoshi

ookoshi Moderator

I swear it smells like bad BO.

I was cleaning my gun at Sandy Springs Gun Range, and they had Tetra gun oil as their lubricant, so I gave it a try. I almost gagged. When I got home the first thing I did was use Hoppes #9 to clean off the Tetra and went back over my gun with CLP because I would rather have my gun smelling like CLP than like someone ran the gun up and down their armpit.

2. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

I have to take a shower after using it, it seems to permeate Everything. CLP's not terrible, Eezox always reminds me of new-mown hay.

3. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Tetra is the worst smelling gun oil ever made. I bought some of it at Crobar a while back. I agree, I have to scrub down after using it. Its not pleasant at all. It seems to work good though.

4. martin_j001

martin_j001 Active Member

Eezox and Hoppes... Its too bad neither company makes cologne. :lol: Love those smells myself, my wife hates them though.

5. whitmo

whitmo New Member

I use both the Tetra oil and grease and haven't noticed any smell at all. I'm going to have to go home and get a good whiff of it now to see if I can smell what you are talking about. Maybe my sniffer is broken????

6. mygunstoo

mygunstoo Active Member

Try G96 Gun Treatment, oil/solvert/cleaner. It smells very sweet. :shattered: