Is everyone enjoying the cooler weather?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Claire, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Claire

Claire New Member

:D :D :D

Brrr... I actually put on jeans today and a long sleeve shirt

Great weather for being outside at the range or huntin'

now just hope for some rain

2. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Tell me about it. This drought is a lot more serious than a lot of people realize. The last estimate I heard was that Atlanta had about four more months of water left and Athens-Clarke County had maybe three.

Of course the water we have left in reserve would go a lot further if the Army Corps of Engineers wasn't having to release water daily in order to keep some endangered mussel alive downriver in Florida ......

3. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Oh, I'm definitely enjoying the cooler weather.

AC's been broken on both vehicles all summer and we'd been miserable. Due to immigration issues (see another post) we've not been able to afford to fix 'em. Those 100+ temps a month or two ago were almost unbearable... :shock:

Fall and Winter have always been my favourite seasons. Glad Fall is finally here!

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Eh, it's alright. I work part time in a warehouse, so whatever it is outside, it is inside. Except for the just-above-freezing cooler and about -20 freezer. :shock:

5. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

I'm loving it! I think I'll get to the range on Sunday just to celebrate :D

6. Marikhal

Marikhal Guest

I love the weather!

I'm not praying for rain here in Savannah, however.

The excessive rain prevented me from taking range trips two weeks in a row!

7. Guest

Guest Guest

The HIlllllls are alivvvvvvvvvvvveeeee......With the sound of Muuuuuussssiicccccc. ;-)

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Send the rain here PLEASE. My daughter wanted to fo fishing at one of the parks on Lake Lanier. The railing we normally lean on was'nt anywhere close to the water anymore.

9. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

I have an appointment with Bambi tommarow morning. I'll let you know...

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I have an appointment in Dublin to get a bolt-action to bring to Bambi's meeting. As long as she's in-state, we'll be good to go; no FFL necessary.

11. shamalama

shamalama New Member

Got up to walk the dogs around 5:30 this morning. As is my usual pattern I was just barely awake and only put on my pajama pants, a t-shirt, and my bunny slippers.

About 3.75 inches outside the back door I suddenly noticed it was a bit nippy outside. So did the dogs - they did their "business" in record time.

I trotted back into the bedroom, jumped under the covers, and called for my gentle bride that had just came out of the shower and was still warm.

I was late for work. :roll:

12. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Wish I was there with ya'll, high today was 100.

I have not been late for work in over 5 months :bigshock: :censored:

13. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

Yep the cool weather has even brought out my 1911 for the early and late dog walks. After all when it gets cool everyone puts on more clothing so I put the clothing buster on (not really I just needed a good excuse to wipe it down and put it on).

As for the rain, as long as it rains Monday and Tuesday we are good to go.

14. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Great Hunting weather and car weather.....

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I took my wifes convertible to work today, and had the top down durring lunch. I tried to put it down this morning, but it was only 47 degrees when I left the house.

It looks like it will be a good weekend to take my wife and daughter to the Forsyth County Fair for a while. It would be better if I didn't have to disarm to go though.

16. Claire

Claire New Member

And It dsoesn't make sense that we send water to AL & they don't have water restriction?!?! :shock: :?

I canceled chem lawn today - no need to have them charging me money for a lawn I can't water

17. Guest

Guest Guest

18. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Oh, yeah! :D

Every person out wearing one of these might influence who knows how many potential GCO members to join up and fight for the right to keep and bear arms!

People who do not go on the internet or to gunshows might see you out and about and learn about GCO that way. :wink: