Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on hols since 20 minutes. Each 1 minute, the message says: Our representatives are still helping other customers please stay on hold.

I am no stinking customer. I am a taxpayer!!!! A slave to the Federal IRS.

Stupid incompetent propagandists!!!!!

I need a Prozac ASAP. :mrgreen:

·
Old Time Member
2,647 Posts
and 20 minutes to deal with the Government is nothing. Let us know if you get them on the phone by Friday. :)

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After 3 hours I gave up. I hung.
And I need to call them to ask a question about IRA form 8086 (I think it is the number, early this morning).

Stupid gov...Great CUSTOMER service.

·
GPDO Commonlaw Spouse
5,514 Posts
Citizen... is this thread to be considered a terroristic threat? :twisted:

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
There is an old saying about being your own attorney. My accountant says the same thing about folks who try to do their own taxes. :wink:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I worked 3 years for a tax company making the software. I know the %$#&^ Federal taxes pretty well. I just needed a clarification because it is not explained in the form instructions and in the publication either. The code is made so convoluted that it is worse than a major in math to understand.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
kestak said:
I worked 3 years for a tax company making the software. I know the %$#&^ Federal taxes pretty well. I just needed a clarification because it is not explained in the form instructions and in the publication either. The code is made so convoluted that it is worse than a major in math to understand.
I think you just made my point. :D I have watched my accountant say "That can't be right" and go and pull a book the size of an encyclopedia off the wall and read for 10 min.

·
Romans 10:13
4,626 Posts
kestak said:
Maybe a Xanax.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
ber950 said:
There is an old saying about being your own attorney. My accountant says the same thing about folks who try to do their own taxes. :wink:
It depends on how complicated your stuff is. For some people even TurboTax is an overkill and for others not so much. If you have a 30k in employee compensation and receive $100k in copyright royalties for a killer app (not my numbers, just an example :lol:) and don't own anything with positive tax consequences there is only so much an accountant can do. At least you don't pay FICA on the royalties!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts