Irrational fears from movies.....

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by bags, May 30, 2007.

1. bags

bags New Member

I rented a cabin in Helen, Ga. It was a nice cabin and Helen gets crowded over weekends. I took a girl and my .45, 2 mags, and ~50 xtra rds of hollow point ammo.

I was not scarred of wild life ( 15 rds of .45 hollow points will stop just about any animal that could find it's way in ga), I was scarred of EVERY horror movie involing a cabin/woods I had ever seen. I thought about hills have eyes, cabin by the lake, cabin fever, howling, and so on. I found this fear to be non-sense, but yet I packed my xtra mag and the box of ammo. Of course nothing happend and the 1 rabbit I saw was safe, he was not foaming at the mouth nor did it act like it wanted to eat me. And the few people that were near the cabin never looked like they wanted to kill, eat, rape, or do anything to me or my date other than wave. But, sure enough, if I go back, I'll pack the same again.

I just had this image of everything from a family of nutcases trying to wear my skin as a hat and using me for the meat in chilli to being chased with a chainsaw. I need to watch a few more family movies I think..lol

This got me to thinking about irrational fear and some of it that we know is dumb, BUT we don't ignore it. You are welcome to make fun of me, but share what fears you have that are just ridiculous but yet you still plan for them.

2. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

OK, what about the girl. HA, ha, ha. :rotfl:
    Oh, buy the buy, 45 hollow point won't kill everything that walks in the Ga woods. I shot an armadilo 8 times at 20 feet while he was on the run. I hit his shell 7 out 0f 8 and it blew most of it off of him, so if anybody see's a neked armadilo running around let me know.
    Actually he died just before he got to his den. I don't think I would want to face off with a black bear unless I had my S&W 500 magnum.
    :woohoo:

3. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

OK, what about the girl. HA, ha, ha. :rotfl:
    Oh, buy the buy, 45 hollow point won't kill everything that walks in the Ga woods. I shot an armadilo 8 times at 20 feet while he was on the run. I hit his shell 7 out 0f 8 and it blew most of it off of him, so if anybody see's a neked armadilo running around let me know.
    Actually he died just before he got to his den. I don't think I would want to face off with a black bear unless I had my S&W 500 magnum.
    :woohoo:

4. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Did you stay at Unicoi? We rented a cabin there in April. Had a great time. Being as it is a state park I was unarmed the whole time of course....

5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Well your fears of a hockey masked zombie with a chainsaw are irrational. However, there are evil people in this world that can make even the worst horror movie look like a Disney flick. It is always best to be locked and loaded and in condition yellow.

Fears of mine-snakes, heights, flying.

6. Cavediver

Cavediver New Member

Sharks. My guess is that this is one of the greatest / most widespread phobias ever. Yeah, it's not totally unfounded or irrational, however the odds of suffering from a shark attack are incredibly low.

A big thank you to Steven Spielberg and overreacting news centers everywhere.

7. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Yes sharks, after watching jaws as a young boy I wouldn't even get in a swimming pool. Of course years later when I lived in SC I used to surf out at Foley Beach and Isle of Palms. One day I was out waiting on some decent waves to roll in and a shark broke the surface less than 5 feet away from me. :shock: It was chasing some feed fish into the shore but scared the crap out of me. The first thing through my mind was "Don't look like food!". caught the next wave in, and sat on the beach trying to calm down.

talk about a "puckering your @$$h013" type of moment.

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I remember when I was still in high school I saw the movie 28 Days Later on a Friday night. The next day I was at a JROTC leadership camp at some boy scout place; and when my friend and I were assigned a tent of course it had to be the area furthest back and the tent that was on the very edge where no other tents were.

I could hardly sleep because of all the noises I heard. That was when I had an irrational fear of zombies.

9. Dan H

Dan H New Member

+1 for Sharks. Tell me that you dont look around when you are swimming in a big body of water, fresh or salt. lol

I was off the coast of Floriduh one time in the ocean swimming and I saw a dorsal fin of something in the distance and freaked out! Come to find out it was a school of dolphins....

10. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Exorcist.

I still can't watch it...even the out-takes freak me out. Demonic possession is bad joo-joo.

and oh...clowns...they freak me out too.

11. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I was snorkeling in the caymans and a huge shark startled me. it was just the resident nurse shark but until I figured that out I was having quite the adrenaline rush. Also barracudas. Nasty creatures!

12. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

My wife has a BIG TIME fear of clowns. They scare the s**t out her.

13. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

The zombies WILL show up one day.
    M U S T B E R E A D Y ! ! !

but more guns

Only thing that bothers me much are lots of biting/blood sucking insects. When I was a kid I crawled under my dad's trailer because a cat had had kittens under there. About the time I got to where the kittens were I realised I was being crawled all over by fleas. I freaked, about killed myself trying to get out from under the trailer and was 1/2 nekkid before I hit the door & raced to the bathroom to shower the buggers off.

My wife has the most severe phobia I've ever personally observed.
    She thinks frogs are out to kill her.
    This amuses me to no end.
    :lol:

14. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

She sounds like my wife. I'm not even allowed to mention the word clown around her.

15. kaizer

kaizer New Member

Man, I live in the middle of the woods, there are neighbors not too far down the street but we are really secluded on a hill. It totally terrifies my wife, she makes me get up every time there is any kind of noise, which then gets me scared. I know how it is.

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Well, at least you're prepared, right? :lol:

17. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

I know I am whenever I get up, If they filmed a horror story about my life it would go something like this...

Shadowy figure with big knife creaps around the house...
    BOOOOM

Roll credits.

18. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Then the sequel opens with some of the local citizens armed with pitchforks, torches, and holy water descending upon the steps of the Haunted Castle Courthouse demanding blood.(Yours, to be specific) Dracula the District Attorney :evil: begins an impropteau press conference about pressing charges because Mr. Zombie was such a "good boy" and "never caused any trouble ever" and was "only in your house to use the phone." :lol: The angry mob along with Dracula the DA enlists the services of ZNN (Zombie News Network) :soapbox: to discuss your case day and night so that all of the citizens of Transylvannia can hear about how you murdered a sweet little mama's zombie in cold blood. :puke: However, famous vampire slayer and defense attorney Van Helsing :shoot: takes your case, although not Pro-Bono. :cry: Van Helsing is able to persuade a jury of Space Aliens that Mr. Zombie was there to suck out your brain that night. Your aquital comes at a hefty price because Mr. Van Helsing doesn't come cheap. :shattered: ZNN finally stops running you as the lead story once reports of a group of Werewolves from Trans-University "rape" a mutant exotic dancer. :shock: Your reputation is restored, but you are broke. You have to work a second job, the midnight shift as a gravedigger just to make ends meet. One night, while digging a grave, the zombies attack in mass force. You reach for you gun only to remember you had to sell it off to pay the rent for that month. :help: Their teeth begin to rip into your flesh. It is only a matter of time before you will join them in the world of the undead. :twisted: You body transforms and you follow the pack in search of human flesh. However, you decide to attack Rammstein, which is a bad choice because he has an evil black rifle. :minigun: A single 5.56 round enters your zombie skull which puts you out of your misery. You can now rest in peace.

Talk about a really bad horror flick........

This was an attempt to be humorous. No real zombies were hurt in the filming of "The Case from Hell."

19. pro2am

pro2am New Member

I was looking for the popcorn eating smiley, but we don't have one. :cry:

20. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I will tell my heroic story through smilies.

:minigun: :shattered:

:bowdown: :bowdown: 8) :arrow: :cheers: :drink: :sleep: 8)