Irony of Ironies

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by MrMorden, Oct 30, 2007.

1. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

Does it strike anyone else as crazy that the GCO Luncheon would be considered a "public gathering" ?

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry about this...
    :lol: :cry:

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Another reason to get rid of that whacked verbage!!!!!

We are not the people that should be restricted......

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Hunting, Shooting, Gun Shows

How about gun shows-- they seem to be a public gathering, even if they do not take place in a government-owned or gov't-managed building.
    No guns at gun shows, that's what the law requires!

How about informal shooting, not NRA-sanctioned matches for trophies and prizes. When a bunch of us just get together to go plinking, isn't that a public gathering? Groups of people gather at a specific time and place for a particular purpose. Same thing for organized hunting with a group of friends or members of the same hunting club. If you gather together before or after the hunt to talk about it, you'd better not have any firearms with you or even in your vehicles if they're within 200 yards.

I'm so proud to live in a state that has such common-sense laws!

And it's equally reassuring to know that we trust police, prosecutors, judges and juries to sort this mess out, and basically anything can be a crime, or nothing can be a crime. The law is whatever those who are asked to apply it wish it to be. And you'll never know what the law means until you're charged with its violation and you have your lawyer fight it out in court.

On second thought, even THEN you'll still never know what it means. You'll only know what the result is, not the "rule" that mandated such a result.

4. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I understand your point, but PG or not, the luncheon would still be off limits. The WMA if off limits, other than the range and hunting.

5. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Even my fiance thought this was the most wacked thing she ever heard!

"yeah you can go to the range, hunt on the property, but dont bring your guns up here. Even if you have the license to carry."

She thought the idea of allowing guns and ammo to shoot or hunt and having to disarm to go to other areas just made no sense at all. I love this woman..... :D :love:

6. merlock

merlock Active Member

She's a keeper, Sharky! :)

7. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Only people who OC should be restricted. What a bunch of nuts. :wink: