Intruder shot in home invasion

Discussion in 'In the News' started by S&W 40, Jul 13, 2007.

1. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

http://savannahnow.com/node/323721

Good friends, get ou shot or shoot you then try and dump you at the hospital.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:sly: So I guess cops aren't the only ones who do that?

3. Sharky

Sharky New Member

"I'm in the right. Because it's either me or them," he said while waiting for police to let his family back in their home. "... You got a right to protect yourself in Florida."

And while Johnson gave his mother a scare, when it was over, police agreed.

Glad to see people taking a stand against punks like this.

4. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

But they were nice kids trying to turn their lives around before this ruthless nut-job fantasy Rambo gun owner took their innocent lives.

:roll:

5. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I believe people are starting to agree with wanting to protect themselves more now. At least I am becoming more aware of the opinions out there. Most people I have been talking to that were anti- are now more on the fence and slowly coming around to the fact, self preservation is their responsibility and they are willing to accept that.

6. Crazydave

Crazydave Member

That guy was totally right to protect himself and his family cause I 'd do the same thing,If you're gonna invade my home than be prepared to pay the consequences.I think if more people were aware of their right to legally carry a sidearm then that would make criminals think before they do stuff like that.Say if this guy walks into a gas station to rob it but finds that 3 other customers in there are carrying I'd think he'd change his mind in fear of himself getting shot.

7. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Should have shot to kill, saves tax dollars....and it is unlikely anything from the robbers side of the story will help you.

8. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

What ever happened to being quiet after a shoot...good or not? I sure as hell would not speak to reporters as they have been known for twisting words, etc.

"But armed with outrage and a 9mm Smith and Wesson..."

"I was the first person to shoot. I guarantee that"

Just something to think about guys. And thank you, Johnny!!!

9. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Yes, I wouldn't say anything to reporters. Your side should always be things like, "I felt my life was in danger", "I was protecting myself/family", etc.

Not a good idea to say "I shot first", or other things like "I was protecting my property"

Oh.. :ianal: ...just things I've picked up either from articles, LEO, and my CCW class in FL.

10. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

I agree with the above sentiments. Good for him that he shot and shot first. Bad mojo though to talk about it. He should have stuck to: "I was in fear for my life and the lives of my family" or "I never wanted to have to use this firearm, but as you can see they were armed" ..while inwardly saying to himself "damn it, two to the chest one to the head, how the hell could I have messed that up?"

11. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

What about this?

:sly: So I guess cops aren't the only ones who do that? Too?

12. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

He needs to keep quiet after the event.

Remember the Miranda warning. I wholeheartedly believe that the phrase "will be used AGAINSTyou" is the full intent of most DA's when a gun is involved.

When the cops ask, "I told him to put his hands where I could see him, at which time he made a move for his waistband and I fired."

If you're worth your weight and are able to drop the intruder he can't give the cops a different version of events.

13. Axeman

Axeman New Member

.... Go! Go Johnny go go go...... :D

I agree that he should have been a bit more reserved when it came to his comments.

But atleast Florida is a "stand your ground" state. :wink:

14. merlock

merlock New Member

+1
    Personally, I think the best thing to say to the media in this situation is: "No Comment".

15. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

He was probably interviewed by reporters when his adrenalin was still pumping 1000 gallons a minute. I'm not surprised by what he said. I would be ecstatic that I was alive and likely say some weird stuff as well. I talk too much as it is, I imagine right after that shoot you would probably feel like you just drank 30 cups of coffee! :shock: