interesting posting from another forum

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Macktee, May 18, 2007.

1. Macktee

Macktee New Member

This is a good posting. Not "good" in that it's fun or anything like that, but "good" in that it is seriously thought provoking and made me appreciate our LEOs even more than I already do. I read it because it was posted by one of our own.

The video is now used in officer training. I didn't watch the video as I'm not an officer in training and because it just didn't seem right to watch it. I really don't need to watch a cop get killed to appreciate what happened to him, his family and friends. I remember all too well a good friend being murdered in his cruiser a good many years ago.

I also remember almost being physically sick when the guy who did it was let out on parole. Even though he was no longer the punk kid who killed my friend and I honestly think Wilbur would have agreed with the parole board's decision, I couldn't deal with it.

Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.shooterslegacy.net/forum/vie ... php?t=9148

I think it will provoke some reflective thinking by everyone here who reads it.

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

The video is no longer up.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

We have posters and admin from that site here.

4. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Yes, that's what caught my attention. I recognized the screen name and read his post. I wish I could say I "enjoyed" it, but that's not even close.

5. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Do a search for "Dinkheller video", and you should find it somewhere online. The deputy's name was Kyle Dinkheller of the Laurens County (GA) Sheriff's Office.

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

wow... that is some crazy ****.

I'm certainly not trying to play MMQB, but was he not able to shoot sooner?

7. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

Able has a lot of meanings in this particular situation. He was morally and legally justified to fire long before he did. I just don't know that he was able to make the psychological leap that he was going to have to kill another human until it was too late.

8. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I have heard of the happening with soldiers too (meaning they join and when it is time to take a human life they can't)

On the UGA PD application it asks if you are willing to take a human life and I think that is an excellent question because it will make folks think about the job they are applying for. I am sure no LEO wants to use their weapon but unfortunately the world is full of bad guys and sometimes it comes down to you (or an innocent) or them.

I do think that all that BG in the video needs is a tall branch and a short rope if you know what I mean. I think any cop killer with that kind of evidence(the video) should be put to death quickly and painfully.