Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from the blog of Scott Adams (Dilbert creator):

So let’s stop acting as if there is something like “common sense†gun control to be had if we all act reasonably. That’s not an option in this case because we all have different risk profiles when it comes to guns. My gun probably makes me safer, but perhaps yours makes you less safe. You can’t reconcile those interests.

Our situation in the United States is that people with different risk profiles are voting for their self-interests as they see it. There is no compromise to be had in this situation unless you brainwash one side or the other to see their self-interest differently. And I don’t see anyone with persuasion skills trying to do that on either side.
So as long as Democrats are mostly using guns to shoot innocent people (intentionally or accidentally) and Republicans are mostly using guns for sport or self-defense, no compromise can be had.
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/146307088451/why-gun-control-cant-be-solved-in-the-usa

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2844372&highlight=Scott+Adams#post2844372

Yeah, that one cracked me up. I did not realize it was the Dilbert creator. That explains a lot.
Ah..I didn't realize it had already been posted...that's my bad. Hard to keep track of the Prez 2016 thread that's got..what 13,000 replies or something? :mrgreen:

He has some pretty good posts, some of the others? Well, not so much. I am intrigued enough that I might just spent $10 on one of his books.

·
69,784 Posts
Ah..I didn't realize it had already been posted...that's my bad. Hard to keep track of the Prez 2016 thread that's got..what 13,000 replies or something? :mrgreen:
Yeah, but only 15 posts out of the 13,000 are about the candidates.

·
Cumberland County, Maine
1,310 Posts
I laughed at the quote of "Put your gun down so I can shoot you."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.