Interesting gun-related issues about BobbyCutts.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by foshizzle, Jun 24, 2007.

1. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

The man accused of killing his pregnant girlfriend.

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/17398687.htm

Pretty interesting how after all that, he was still a police officer. I've also heard it reported that he currently has a restraining order against him, but I couldn't find a good link. Sounds like with all those threats of violence and the fact he broke down the door that his aggravated trespass conviction could be considered domestic violence. Between that and the restraining order I wonder how he could even carry a gun, let alone be a cop.

2. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

How was he not in violation of the Lautenberg amendment? Was ne never convicted of anything that would have DQ'd him from owning/possessing a firearm?

3. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

i've wondered that myself is other cases as well, if i had a domestic violence record i would have been unable to ever own a gun license without a pardon. the same rules and standards should apply to everyone whether a judge, leo or average joe.

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

If he wasn't allowed to own a firearm, it would be dumb of him to report one stolen.

5. Mobster989

Mobster989 New Member

With the Lautenberg amendment soldiers can't even think about picking up a firearm or ammunition if they've been convicted of domestic violence. Which means that they can't deploy overseas. Which basically equates to hitting your wife and you don't have to go to Iraq. You won't necessarily be kicked out of the military either. I personally know at least two guys in the military who can't possess firearms. That's kind of dumb if you ask me.

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member