Interesting Articles

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Malum Prohibitum, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

For those who have never perused the articles available over at GCO, click on the links on the right hand side relating to the history of Georgia's gun laws, especially the article about the Camilla massacre and the origin of Georgia's public gathering clause.

Our very own Mike from Philly wrote them (and his name will be added soon), with the exception of the Racist Roots of Gun Control, which is by historian Clayton Cramer (and posted with permission).

There are more articles coming (GS1 has already written one), and members are welcome to submit relevant articles, with the understanding that such articles are subject to editing or rejection for any trifling reason whatsoever.

Anyway, take a read if you have not already.

2. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

What Next?

Okay, well that was anticlimatic. All those words and they didn't say anything other than, "you have all the facts right but the wrong conclusions of law. We're right and you're wrong."

So what's the next step? I don't know a thing about civil practice. A bench trial? Cross-motions for summary judgment? There appear to be no material facts in dispute. Will there be a hearing with oral arguments, or just legal briefs submitted by both sides?

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

What I'm Talking About

I'm referring to the first thing I read at the GCO website, about Coweta County's response to the lawsuit over their gun ban in parks.