Interesting articles on anti-gunners and how they tick

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Vir Quisque Vir, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Vir Quisque Vir

Vir Quisque Vir New Member

1. http://www.jpfo.org/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm This article discusses the psychology (psychiatry) of the anti-gun person and compares them with the typical gun owner and especially the carry firearms person. Good advice on how NOT to talk to anti-gun people. Positive suggestions, like take an anti-gun person out to the range for some enjoyable shooting. Good article

2. http://www.guncite.com/journals/tennmed.html This one is LONG, a bit academic (quite a bit!), please just at least read the CONCLUSIONS section just before the references. This article talks about the severe problems in the anti-gun health (medical) literature. Like throw out all the data that does not support your anti-gun positions and that there are lies, damned lies, and statistics.

2. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

Excellent articles. Thanks for sharing.

3. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Excellent articles! I plan on printing them out and reading them more fully when I get home today.

By the way, it is funny you gave those links, especially the first one, as today I am taking a young (19 year old) anti-gun person to the range to shoot a firearm for the first time in his life. Just casually talking with him over the last few weeks about my enjoyment shooting firearms has been enough to get him to take this step. Hopefully after today he too will see how range shooting can be relaxing and fun and will begin to change his overall outlook on firearms.

One at a time, one at a time.

4. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

By this logic, because I'm prepared to use force to defend myself, I am a pacifist at heart.

:) I like it.

5. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Well I just got back from taking my young acquaintance to the range. He had a good time and actually didn't shoot too bad either. He did ask me some questions about Georgia gun laws and even about my experiences with hunting, although he said that he never could shoot an animal himself. All in all, it was a pretty positive experience and I invited him to join me anytime he would like in the future to punch some more holes in paper.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member