Interested in Buying Saiga 12 Shotgun but concerned about legals...

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by Thunderhorse, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Thunderhorse

Thunderhorse Thunderhorse

I have no convictions except in Christ... although I was charged with disarming individual with AR and his friends stated I beat him up.. charged with assault with deadly weapon but he accidentally told police what happened and charge was dropped... I was denied Handgun Permit in NC but I have purchased a rifle with background check since all the bs... I want to purchase but don't want problems if I go purchase...

2. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Well if you don't have any convictions then you should be gtg. Are you getting a saiga 12. Or a new kalashnikov 12?

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Why were you denied in NC with no conviction? That does not make sense. Also, NC is a state that does not require a license to carry openly. The permit is only to conceal.

Eligibility:
    https://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_14/gs_14-415.12.html

4. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Something just don't sound right to me. Ain't sure what but I hear it.

Maybe you sound like one of the persons attempting to purchase a firearm with some smudges on their record similar to the 72 online attempts made by the govt at request of Warren and Schumer to make noise about the necessity for universal background checks.

Ain't sure but I hear something. Could be my broke ears, I dunno.

Nemo

5. Thunderhorse

Thunderhorse Thunderhorse

I attempted to get a firearms permit from Orange County, NC five years ago for a ivory handled, engraved antique .22 never fired.... O.C.S. Dept declined me without reason for a permit so I could receive said gun from Licensed FFE I had firearm shipped to as required by law... I called ten times to hear reason I was declined as required by law I am entitled to know why.... Sherriff Dept denied me each time for my request... I was 50 years old with a DUI when I was 19... couple minor arrest but nothing major and charges were dropped... I am a good person and only reason I can think of denial is the arrest with no conviction in the State of Fla for Assault with Deadly Weapon that I was innocent of.... I merely grabbed the weapon and shrugged off three guys while my friend popped the guy who pulled AR on me... he was arrested for weapons charges etc... his buddies said I beat him with his gun. He admitted in jail that t I didn't hit him and my buddy beat hi, up... My friend went home I went to jail because I initiated 911 call when I had guy pointing gun at me and five people coming at us... Pinellas County jailer told me walls have ears and they were letting me go... I tried to hire an attorney to sue Pinellas county but after 30 calls I could not hire an Atty to sue the place they make all their money.. this was 10 years ago and crazy as it is it's the only thing that comes close to disqualifying me... The gun is still on desk of my friendly FFE... I have purchased rifle and passed background check since but can't figure out why Sherriff's office declines me handgun permit I need in order to pick up a commerative .22 pistol for Pete's Sake.. and yes I'm pissed..

6. Malum Prohibitum

So now you live in GA or in NC?

Have you run a background check on yourself?

7. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Maybe you could clarify what state you now live in?

For the record I posted this yesterday and it got deleted. Why?

8. Malum Prohibitum

Just so I could post the same question today and look like I did it first! :D

Just kidding, Moe. Seriously, no actions by moderators show up in the log, so no mod deleted anything in this thread.

9. hma153

hma153 Uninvited Guest

I believe NC still requires a 'purchase permit', whereas you must go to the local sheriff and get permission to buy. The original thought behind this was the sheriff would have a good idea who the troublemakers were in his county and he could deny the permit on merit, color, religion, family name, etc.... These purchase permits are also required for private transactions, but often get overlooked.

10. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

It does. But the OP has got three different states and two different weapons involved in his query. It would help if he clarified the situation.

11. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

OP:

1. Hire a good lawyer.

2. Tell that lawyer EVERYTHING that might possibly cause a denial.

3. Hope for the best.

12. xd45packer

xd45packer Member

Purchase permits are required for pistols only. No purchase permit is required if you have a NC license to conceal but the seller is supposed to make and retain a copy of the concealed carry license in lieu of the pistol purchase permit. All that is needed to purchase a shotgun or rifle in NC is to not fail the 4473 and have the money.