Interactive Neighborhood for Kids in Gainesville?

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by johnski, Jul 14, 2018.

1. johnski

johnski Well-Known Member

Interactive Museum for kids with "teachers"? I can find nothing on their site. It's not a school as far as I can tell and want to be able to protect myself, gf, and kid.

Anyone have info on this place? Their site is rather non informative.

2. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Link? Name? More identifying info?

Nemo

3. johnski

http://www.inkfun.org/

"We share the building with Brenau University and Lanier Tech just off of I-985."

So does this make it part of a University Day Care Center and hence off-limits? You can not drop your kid off and leave them, the children have to be accompanied.

It's not a preschool or childcare space. Maybe it's a childcare space? But you have to accompany your child so it's not childcare nor is it a preschool. The business INK inc labels itself a "children's museum, not a childcare center (it's not you have to pay admission). It also lists itself as a non-profit organization.

Though it shares the building with the Brenau University it is not a preschool nor a licensed childcare center but in fact is a pay-to-enter and you must stay with your kids interactive "museum", a non-profit; I should be good to go concealed carry under Georgia HB 280.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  4. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Brenau University is a private university and therefore off limits.

GAfirearmsReference and johnski like this.
  5. johnski

thanks. Sucks to be disarmed for the ride up to gainesville and back.

6. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

Wait, why must you be disarmed for the trip to and from, if you are a GWL holder?

Why not leave the firearm locked in your vehicle as you visit the Brenau campus and the INK playplace for kids?

7. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

No, because this property is part of the school, and owned by Brenau University, it is off-limits. A private university isn't affected by the newest changes regarding campus carry. All the real estate on a private college campus is off-limits. The best you can do is secure the weapon in your parked vehicle.

8. johnski

Yes I realized that when informed it was a private university. They have a couple of gunbuster signs near-at the entrance. It's sad because anyone who wanted to do harm could just walk in and start something and many kids would likely be hurt. No one there would be able to stop it. Interesting place; the kid really enjoyed it, got wore out. Was a bit dirty but I imagine with all the kids everyday it just stays that way.

Bill-Columbus likes this.