inside waist band holster

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Patches, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Patches

Patches Guest

What IWB holster would you recommend for a Glock 23, 40 cal? Is it anymore dangerous to carry the Glock inside the pants than outside considering touching the trigger in some way? I am concerned about it being noticed.

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I used to carry a Glock 17 IWB with no issues. Just make sure that the holster covers the trigger and trigger guard.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I VERY highly recomend http://www.southernholsters.com. I had one of Tom's 'Memphis' IWB holster. I had one for the PK/S that I just sold. I also just today received the one that he made for my M&P-9, and ordered one fo rmy Taurus Millennium Pro. It's the most comfortable IWB that i have used and conceales very well.

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I have an infidel from Comp-Tac with belt loop snaps and haven't had a problem. I too have a g23. You don't have to worry about it being dangerous or anything, as the trigger guard is covered.

4. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

Too bad there isn't a broken record emotion. How many times do you need to mention them to earn each holster?

My friend GunNut just received one for his G33 and says it is VERY comfortable. My comment looking at it was wondering about the durability of the rough leather interior. Is there a reason the inside of the holster isn't lined or otherwise made smooth? Seems like all of the little loose bits of leather would be bad and eventually cause some issues as they continue to fall off.

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

And do what? Jam the Glock :lol: Having the rough side in helps in retention, which is a nice plus.

6. GunNut

GunNut New Member

Yes, I believe I have found a winner with the Souther Holster for my G33. I have about half a dozen others that I didn't quite like for one reason or another.

So, +1 for what Adam5 said.

BTW, how many times do you have to mention them for a free holster? :D Just kidding, if it wasn't for all the people on the forum posting good things about Southern Holsters, I probably wouldn't have ordered one.

7. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

No, the unaatractive square shape of the Glock helps keep the holster from touching the frame/slide joint thus prveneting any contamination. Unlike the sexy rounded contours of the HK especially the P7 with that complicated front grip safety. :D

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'll have to count how many times I have mentioned them. Even then, it's not enough. :( The holster that I ordered last is being bought by my wife for my birthday.

9. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

Milt Sparks Summer Special II or a Comp-Tac Infadel forget the rest.

10. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Complicated? It's squeeze and pull, just like your favorite activity!

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

This is a familiy oriented forum, so I comment on what you pull.

12. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

You can squeeze and pull if you want, I don't need to as my Glocks and Sig don't require that and I am married. :lol:

13. Bags57

Bags57 Member

My favorite holster for my Glock 23 is my Kramer #3 IWB. The website is www.kramerleather.com. It puts the gun at more of an angle to help with concealment. I got mine 8 years ago and it' still going strong.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

The pictures at the southernholsters website with the Memphis IWB, is that considered "concealed" even though the guy has his shirt tucked in and you can see roughly 1/3 of the gun?

Or do your clothes have to completley hide the gun 100% to be considered "concealed"?

Just curious....

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I would not consider that concealed, but the picture is likely designed to show the how the weapon rides in the holster while in use as opposed to how well it conceals. The 'Memhis' will conceal a full size firearm with an untucked polo.

BTW, The way it's shown in the picture is how I carry 90% of the time. It's a personal decision to make, but GA law doesn't require concealment.

16. Southern Holsters

Southern Holsters New Member

Adam is right, it's just to show how the holster sits on the waist line. People usually are asking to see a picture with the holster being worn, so I head that off by posting those pictures.

The Memphis is considered a conceal holster and is sold as such. It would have been hard to show this had the shirt been untucked (except for those with x-ray eyes :shock: )

17. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks.. I understand the desire to see how it fits. As I look for a IWB that is what I want to see also, I just did not know the legal definition of "concealed" i.e. TOTALLY hidden from sight, or just partial.

Sorry about the dumb question, but I am relatively new and on the learning track.

On that note, this site is incredible with all the experience and knowledge everyone has. =D>

Thanks guys...

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

No dumb questions, just ask away. Nobody knows everything right away. I carry either open or concealed. Just depends on where I'm going or what I'm doing.

19. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

There are no dumb questions when it comes to the methods of carry and what you can do in GA - the laws are so convoluted.

Everyone here will share what they feel works best for them and what they're most comfortable with. You and only you can decide what's best for you.