Innocent customer killed in Conyers GameStop robbery

Discussion in 'Georgia Crime Reports' started by shamalama, Nov 11, 2010.

1. shamalama

shamalama New Member

Two predators, Giovannte Maddox, 27, of Atlanta, and Demarkus Lamar Williams, 25, of Atlanta, enter a Conyers GameStop video game store at 11:30am. Broad daylight, customers all around the busy strip mall, a Wal-Mart just across the street. They wave their guns, lock the door, and take the employee to the back of the store and tie him up.

A few minutes later a 40-year-old customer tries to enter the store and, finding the door locked, he knocks on the door. The predators go to the front, open the door, and take the customer to the back and try to tie him up. The customer resists and he is shot twice. Later he is life-flighted to Grady Memorial Hospital, where he died in surgery.

The predators fled out the back door of the store, but were caught by law enforcement, charged with murder, two counts of armed robbery, kidnapping, aggravated assault, obstruction, and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.

http://www.rockdalenews.com/section/1/article/4603/

Armed robbery of silly video games. Innocent customer killed. In a busy family business/restaurant district. Broad daylight. And we're supposed to be in the quiet suburbs. Just damn.

2. timbrubaker

timbrubaker I may be slow, but I sure am ugly

I heard they thought there might be one more suspect still loose...one recurring theme in many of the armed robberies out this way is close proximity to I-20. Nothing new there I suppose.

3. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Sad and frustrating to read this news. Both the customer and the employee should have been armed with pistols and ended the thugs' careers right there.

4. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

What should have happened was that the robbers were too busy being gainfully employed that they couldn't go rob anyone.

5. Hock25

Hock25 New Member

Wouldn't the customer be required to only shoot each bad guy one time, or until the BG turns around, says "uncle," and apologizes for threatening the customer with a gun? 8)

6. Cagleicious

Cagleicious New Member

&& my friend asked me why I carried to GameStop the other night when I was there to pick up Black Ops at Midnight.... :?

7. seereus

seereus Active Member

It's only going to get worse.

8. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Some may take this the wrong way, but there are folks who actually prefer a life of crime.

At any rate, this is very sad. If I were the owner of a retail store all my employees would be encouraged to be armed.

9. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

This is why we carry at all times. We'll have a fighting chance to save our own lives, maybe others' as well.

10. murrybird

murrybird New Member

Shamalama, this is why I carry a gun every where I go, even in my quiet side of Kennesaw. For you just never know when a crazy idiot will try something like this.

11. RIA45

RIA45 New Member

A friend at work spent 30 minutes explaining why he carries at grocery stores and other "family" locations.

I summed it up for them by saying "Crazy is unpredictable and I want to be prepared for crazy."

12. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Why do people in the suburbs think that ghetto thugs from the 'hood in Atlanta cannot find them?
    Predators will find prey.
    If they have to borrow a car, steal a car, take MARTA, hitch a ride with buddies, or whatever--- they can and do regularly travel from Atlanta to the suburbs to commit their crimes. Happens all the time.
    BOTTOM LINE: Don't let your guard down because you live in a "good" neighborhood.

13. Docindahouze

Docindahouze Member

I just hear on news talk 750 that a 3rd arrest has been made in this case.

14. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Until your insurance rep pointed out your increased rates. I think a "don't ask, don't tell" policy is called for in this instance.:shattered:

:righton:

15. streetriots

streetriots Clueless

Insurance rates that I believe you would have justification to pay.

16. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Rate increases justified by conducting business in an area having crime (pretty much anywhere), or justified by taking steps to protect yourself, your employees and your customers?

17. streetriots

streetriots Clueless

The latter because crime is everywhere.

18. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

http://www.ajc.com/news/third-arrest-in ... 37493.html

19. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Link

20. TimBob

TimBob Old, Slow, Boring Dude

Link[/quote:6rp2wgjx]

Good! They should put him back in the sewer and let Willard and his buddies chew him up.