Injured trigger finger!!!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by HannitizedRushBaby, Aug 2, 2007.

1. HannitizedRushBaby

HannitizedRushBaby New Member

Okay, so I almost lost the tip of my pointer finger along on I-16 today. :shock:

I was driving my sister's car... and I went to toss something out the window with my right-hand. (Disclaimer: it was food... so I wasn't littering!)

Anyway, I pressed the button to roll down the window with my left-hand. And I realized that I had accidentally pressed it hard enough for the "auto" to come on... so the window proceeded to go all the way down. I quickly reached to bring it back up before it went all the way (again with the left-hand)... not realizing that my finger (right pointer) was still outside of the window.

The next thing I know is that my finger is in extreme pain!!! And that was all that my brain could process for a moment or two... then I finally realized WHY it hurt... and I rolled the window back down enough to get my finger out.

I thought that most car windows were fairly loose. I mean, if someone rolls your hand up in the window it's just usually a pinch, right? Lemme tell ya, this was no pinch... it was amazingly tight. Now I have a nice little hole in my finger between the nail and then first little knucle thingy.

I have a high tolerance for pain, but that thing throbbed for a good 20 minutes. (And stayed a nice shade of purple/blue!) Man, I felt so dumb. Hmm... now I'm beginning to wonder why I am sharing my dumb-moment of the day...... oh yeah....

It was to say that my first thought was... "Oh no! My trigger finger!!!" LOL! Yes, guns have taken over part of my thought process. *sigh* Is that sad?

It made me think of Barney Fife the time he injured his finger.
    Andy: Ah, it looks fine.
    Barney: Ya think so?
    Andy: Yeah.
    Barney: Well, I hope so. That's my trigger finger...I lose that I might as well leave the business! :wink:

2. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Ok, I'll say it "HERE'S YOUR SIGN".
    :rotfl2:

3. blind_shake

blind_shake Active Member

You did say you were a girl right? If so you get a pass. If you were a guy I would tell you to MAN THE F$#@ UP!!! :x :D :roll:

4. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

OK, my math skills may be a bit rusty but...

One hand stuck in window + One hand messing with the window button = NO HANDS ON THE STEERING WHEEL!!! :shock:

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

That's what knees are for :roll:

6. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

Let me guess...

When you were in Drivers Education in high school and they told you to keep your hands on the wheel at ten and two, you thought they were talking about the time of day! :shock:

7. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Let me guess...

When you were in Drivers Education in high school and they told you to keep your hands on the wheel at ten and two, you thought they were talking about the time of day! :shock:[/quote:3p0u1ihr] :shock: They weren't?

8. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Two hands out the window?!!

What were you holding your drink & hamburger with?
    I was notorious in highschool for being able to drive my 5 speed in stop & go traffic, hold a burger, a drink and play with the radio all while shifting. Never caused an accident while doing this either.
    8)

We won't go into the 15 minute cat naps I used to take on I-75 on my way from Forsyth to Macon every day.

9. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

10. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

That was pre cell-phone-for-everyone age; I'm not quite as young as I act. Trust me on that one. My body has started to make a point of telling me this more and more often.... :(

11. M249

M249 New Member

I believe in equality... Man Up!

O:)

12. HannitizedRushBaby

HannitizedRushBaby New Member

Sheesh! I knew I shoulda just said that I injured my finger and left it at that. LOL! Thanks for the support, guys!! Haha!!!

Guess what's even worse about this whole idiotic moment??.... I'm NOT blonde!!! :oops:

Anyway, I'm glad that I could offer y'all some entertainment. And... honestly, I'm not really that stupid! :( The original point of this thread was to comment that my first thought was about my trigger finger... not to comment on my female driving skills. Although... my sis did say that she was highly impressed. I was driving about 75mph on I-16 and didn't swerve at all. AND I didn't swear...

13. pro2am

pro2am New Member

You do have the "gun" bug if that was your first thought...as far as swerving on I-16, I doubt you would have done much damage anyway...every time I've been on that highway its not exactly Atlanta traffic.

Sounds like you just need some time at the firing range to coax the trigger finger back into fighting form.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Sweden just passed a law mandating that all vehicles produced beginning in 2008 have the dimmer switch installed on the flooboard rather than on a steering column lever. According to their National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, this will reduce the number of traffic accidents caused by blonds getting their foot and leg stuck in the steering wheel.

15. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Now thats funny!! Dont care who you are that there's funny!

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

It's nice isn't it?

I would be on I-16 today, but I'm not touching 78, 285, 675, 75 around 5 pm when I head back this evening. I'm either going 11-18-57-80 or I-20 to 25 (through Augusta).

17. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

:rotfl2: