Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that you don't have to inform the officer that there is a weapon in the car if you get pulled over. Is that true? If so, can somebody give me a link of where that is written in the GA code?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
ntech said:
I have heard that you don't have to inform the officer that there is a weapon in the car if you get pulled over. Is that true? If so, can somebody give me a link of where that is written in the GA code?
Things that you are not required to do are not mentioned in the law.

There is no law stating that you must inform an officer.

Check out Megesi v. State on the case law page to see why you might be better off just keep that tidbit to yourself: http://www.georgiapacking.org/caselaw/

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
NetAdminWithGun said:
Dont do it, i was pulled out of the car, disarmed, lectured, and delayed 20 minutes because i thought i would be nice and let him know.
But if asked, you must tell, correct?

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
NetAdminWithGun said:
Dont do it, i was pulled out of the car, disarmed, lectured, and delayed 20 minutes because i thought i would be nice and let him know.
Per the 5th Amendment, you may keep your mouth shut.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
mzmtg said:
ptsmith24 said:
NetAdminWithGun said:
Just don't lie.
But lying and 5A have a fine line and that line varies between officers, right? I don't know..I've never been pulled over or have had to deal with a cop...

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
GAGunOwner said:
mzmtg said:
ptsmith24 said:
NetAdminWithGun said:
Just don't lie.
But lying and 5A have a fine line and that line varies between officers, right? I don't know..I've never been pulled over or have had to deal with a cop...
The officer does not make the law.

Not answering is not lying, how can you slice it another way?

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
legacy38 said:
I would suggest that you not mention the weapon unless you have reason to believe that it might become an issue.
I concur with this police officer.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
I appreciate you appreciating us appreciating it.

:sly:
We appreciate you appreciating us appreciating you!!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts