Georgia Packing banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
foshizzle said:
It's not SHTF if you're still considering the rights, wrongs and social order of things.
Always consider right and wrong. I am with curtdiss on this one.

My rifle is to protect me and my family, not to pillage and murder.
I agree.
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Rammstein said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
foshizzle said:
It's not SHTF if you're still considering the rights, wrongs and social order of things.
Always consider right and wrong. I am with curtdiss on this one.

My rifle is to protect me and my family, not to pillage and murder.
I agree.
I have to agree too. If it gets the point that you're NOT still considering rights, wrongs and social order of things, then you will have become part of the problem. If the SHTF it will take people with strong feelings about rights, wrongs, and social order to end problems and put thing things back together.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,204 Posts
I also think that if SHTF, you should be working closely with neighbors to secure your families and to make the most of limited resources.

One of the things i love about my country home... me and the neighbors have a SHTF plan. We know where we're gonna group and what we're gonna do. Together, we'll weather whatever comes along short of .mil troops coming up here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,322 Posts
Agreed, just because it hits the fan, doesn't mean Mad Max. I think that there will be communities of like minded people who look out for each other, but after the first few weeks, things will calm down, and people will adapt. Those that don't, will not survive.

Initially it will be everyone for themselves, but people will see that there is strength and security in numbers, but only with people they trust, and have similar values. I.E. good chance that the majority of the people on this board would meet up and form a bunch of closed communities with the other members in their local area. Mutual support, is the only way people can survive in a SHTF situation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,033 Posts
Not trying to add to the dogpile, but murder is murder. Just because there's nobody around to prosecute doesn't make it not murder. Therefore, this violates not only my religious belief of choice, but also my deeply held libertarian beliefs.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
68,161 Posts
M249 said:
Not trying to add to the dogpile, but murder is murder. Just because there's nobody around to prosecute doesn't make it not murder. Therefore, this violates not only my religious belief of choice, but also my deeply held libertarian beliefs.
:righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
[now back to our regularly scheduled programing]
JiG said:
The last thing you want going through your mind right before you die is that "I should have bought a better weapon"
EGGGGGGG........ZACKLY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
Im sorry guys, but when push comes to shove and SHTF....

ALL firearms become loaded and chambered

A corded telephone line becomes a weapon you yell, spin, and throw (in that order)

A water hose becomes a wonderful "fire bomb" when filled with gasoline and capped/tied at the ends. Dont ask... 8)

The lawn mower becomes an interrogation device

And all pets become attack puppy's and kill everything not involved with my family or those that are recognized as "friendly's"

:uzi: :launcher: :pistol:
 

·
I watch the watchers
Joined
·
12,876 Posts
Low profile SHTF rifle curently is either a Ishapore 2A in 7.62, or a Spanish FR8 Mauser in 7.62

This one isn't mine, but a FR8's an FR8


I had it for 3 years before deciding I should Shoot the darn thing. Now I'm wondering if I can get a HK rotary sight to replace the disk sight. I don't think I could afford a barrel mounted scout scope solution. Carbine length bolt actions with flash hiders and mounted bayonets can always provoke a conversation.

An Ishie 2A "Jungle carbine" as is mine...



And full size, I believe.

Gotta find a bayonet for that...crowd control, ya know.

Paratrooper SKS's make Fine rilfes, especially if you have at least one low-cap magazines to stick in them for 'not alarming the sheeple' purposes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,048 Posts
The FR8 is a helluva lot of gun in a very small package. Full house military cartridge from a small carbine, very nice.

I will stand by my "paratrooper" SKS or WASR AK, till I can afford something better. :roll:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,204 Posts
gizmo5 said:
[now back to our regularly scheduled programing]
JiG said:
The last thing you want going through your mind right before you die is that "I should have bought a better weapon"
EGGGGGGG........ZACKLY
Thank you! :righton:
 

·
hu huh, you said "Member"
Joined
·
585 Posts
i dont think there is a better cheap SHTF rifle than a WASR (or other cheap AK, that works obviously). mags, drums, and ammo are cheap and plentiful. bayonets are uber cheap. you can get them with wood, underfolders, or side folder stocks. chinese chest rigs are like $8, that hold a few mags and a few stripper clips.

Basically, for $600 you could get a good WASR, 1000rd of ammo, 10 mags, bayonet, and chest rig. Instant SHTF outfit.

SKS's are a close second. They are a lot cheaper, but "only" hold 10 shots unless you get the aftermarket mags, which I've heard mixed reviews on. The integral people-poker on a lot of them is a bonus, though
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
$932 retail.
That's not too bad.

For reliability, a pump-action rifle is hard to beat.

Mythical Kalishnikov-lore aside, I'd rather have this rifle than a 25 yr.-old AK put together by an eight year old in a Ukrainian slave labor camp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,188 Posts
Adam5 said:
I have no money to spend right now, but I've started thinking about my next gun purchase. I don't have a .45 (I miss my Baby Eagle) or a SHTF rifle. I'm leaning towards getting a SHTF rifle next.

Here's what I have: Glock 17, Springfield XD-9 5" (wifes), Walther PPK/S, Ruger Security Six 6" .357 Mag, Hi Point 9mm Carbine (With ATI Stock), and an 1891 Argentine Mauser (7.65 x 53).

Budget will be a major issue when I purchase. Should I look at an AK or SKS? Has anyone here fired a Saiga? It's an AK design made at the Russian IZHMASH plant. Here's a link to it.

Saiga Rifle I was thinking about getting it in .223. There's a dealer in Blue Ridge that has them for $255 in 20" and $260 in 16".

I would like an AR, but can't budget one. Any other suggestions?
Go for the AK, can't go wrong there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
Firearmz said:
Adam5 said:
I have no money to spend right now, but I've started thinking about my next gun purchase. I don't have a .45 (I miss my Baby Eagle) or a SHTF rifle. I'm leaning towards getting a SHTF rifle next.

Here's what I have: Glock 17, Springfield XD-9 5" (wifes), Walther PPK/S, Ruger Security Six 6" .357 Mag, Hi Point 9mm Carbine (With ATI Stock), and an 1891 Argentine Mauser (7.65 x 53).

Budget will be a major issue when I purchase. Should I look at an AK or SKS? Has anyone here fired a Saiga? It's an AK design made at the Russian IZHMASH plant. Here's a link to it.

Saiga Rifle I was thinking about getting it in .223. There's a dealer in Blue Ridge that has them for $255 in 20" and $260 in 16".

I would like an AR, but can't budget one. Any other suggestions?
Go for the AK, can't go wrong there.
+1

Definitely would be a good start. It's the first rifle I bought (back in June). I don't think I was out looking for one. I just came across it and wanted it.
 

·
I watch the watchers
Joined
·
12,876 Posts
ptsmith24 said:
Regular AR mags work in it? 20-30+ rounds? Looks like a 5 or 10 rounder in the picture.
5's and 10's to keep from alarming the sheeple. 20's, 30's and C-Mags work fine I'm told. I'm pretty sure the price quoted is just the MSRP, and it can be found with a much lower price. When the 9mm and .40 Ruger's came out they had a bit of a premum.,(if I remember correctly).
 
81 - 100 of 115 Posts
Top