Georgiapacking.org banner

21 - 40 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Can I join the club with my RRA M-4 or do I have to have a Commie gun? I absolutely enjoy shooting the .223, but wouldn't mind picking up a AK and SKS for additions.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Or, as a friend of mine often says...

For when the Fecal Material impacts the Blades of the High Speed Rotary Wind Machine.

8)

I'd suggest either an SKS or AK. If you had the money, I'd further suggest an FN/FAL or CETME or FA91 (all of which are in .308).

·
68,080 Posts
Mastino177 said:
Can I join the club with my RRA M-4 or do I have to have a Commie gun? I absolutely enjoy shooting the .223, but wouldn't mind picking up a AK and SKS for additions.
Absolutely!

Remember, the original poster preferred an AR-15 style rifle, but qualified his post with the statement that he could not afford one.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My wife is complainging that I've spent too much money on firearms in the last year (is there is such a thing). She also reminded me th ewe have a vacation to pay for.

I'm debating if it's worth selling/trading my Ruger Security Six to get one. I have handguns for close work, the 9mm carbine for intermediate, and the Mauser for distance. I would still have my Glock, the PPK, and my wifes XD, but I'm not sure if I want to give up my one revolver.

·
68,080 Posts
I have never sold a gun.

And a wheel gun is a real gun! :lol:

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
Or you could donate it to the Retired Marines Armory Project.

otherwise known as my gun safe....

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
USMC - Retired said:

Sorry, but I like the wheel gun too much. A new rifle will have to wait until after summer vacation. I can here the beach and margaritas calling me now....... If I could just carry while in Cabo.........

·
Registered
633 Posts
Adam5 said:
USMC - Retired said:

Sorry, but I like the wheel gun too much. A new rifle will have to wait until after summer vacation. I can here the beach and margaritas calling me now....... If I could just carry while in Cabo.........
Can you use any tax refund money? I am going before the House and Senate Treasury Committe (My Wife) with this idea to finance a Bushmaster.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Doc Holliday said:
Adam5 said:
[quote="USMC - Retired":dfnpebeg]Or you could donate it to the Retired Marines Armory Project.

Can you use any tax refund money? I am going before the House and Senate Treasury Committe (My Wife) with this idea to finance a Bushmaster.[/quote:dfnpebeg]

That's how I funded my Walther PPK/S, and paid off a few credit cards. Of course, if I picked the right lottery numbers things could change. A few million should be enough to open a nice gun store and range...... :twisted:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Adam5 said:
Doc Holliday said:
Adam5 said:
[quote="USMC - Retired":7qy9qclh]Or you could donate it to the Retired Marines Armory Project.

Can you use any tax refund money? I am going before the House and Senate Treasury Committe (My Wife) with this idea to finance a Bushmaster.
That's how I funded my Walther PPK/S, and paid off a few credit cards. Of course, if I picked the right lottery numbers things could change. A few million should be enough to open a nice gun store and range...... :twisted:[/quote:7qy9qclh]
Well when you when the big one you remember us on here!

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
[quote="Doc Holliday]Well when you when the big one you remember us on here![/quote]

BUSHMASTERS FOR EVERYONE !!!!!!

·
Registered
5,215 Posts

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
He can just borrow one can't he? He's already got a source. :D

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Rammstein said:
He can just borrow one can't he? He's already got a source. :D
LOL There are a few in hiding in the back of my closet. They'll have to go on the next Goodwill run.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
USMC - Retired said:
Rammstein said:
Adam5 said:
BUSHMASTERS FOR EVERYONE !!!!!!
Adam5 for President! :D
Does that mean he has to get a butt ugly T-I-E? :lol:
Remember, I have to win first.

I can see the news story now...... 37 year old Adam Roberts from Georgia has won a $267M lottery drawing. "Mr Roberts, what's the first thing you did when after collecting your check?" I went out and bought Bushmaster Homeland Security Rifles, and 5000 rounds of ammunition for everyone I know. :twisted:

Brady would wave a heart attack !!!!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I guess I'm old school but I never want a black AK... :p

I have all of these... AK, AR, SKS, M38, M44, M91/38

They all have ups and downs, of course.

For a SHTF I would pick an AK. Unless the deal breaker on your SHTF gun is spending over 150 bucks, then I would go with a bubba-ized SKS. An AK is pretty much the end-all-be-all of any defense scenario. Only bad thing is perhaps the public perception... but if you are using a SHTF gun, public perception is WAY out the window.. in fact, in that case I would WANT an AK for sure!! I guess it would be bad if you got caught with one somewhere you shouldn't be... but, whatever.

I say NO to the M38, M44 or any Mosin Nagant. Dirt cheap, yes, but let's be real here. Yeah, it's a nice powerful round but it's a bolt action. Again, if price is that big of a concern, get an SKS. Mosin ammo is plentiful, but not THAT plentiful. Again, bolt action. SHTF who want's a bolt action... Zumbo? You're not hunting deer with 200yard shots here... you're doing close-quarters, spray and pray, God save me type stuff. I guess. Never been there.

IMHO I would sell the security six as you said, scrimp and save about 2-300$ more and get a vector, arsenal or lancaster arms AK. They're all around 500 bucks give or take. They'll be an excellent SHTF rifle and they're all pretty darn good in the accuracy department, so at least you can kinda justify that you'll shoot it a bunch... or else just order a century from your FFL for 300 bucks and get it for 400$ after tax and transfer.

Or else just chop a good portion of the stock off an SKS and call it a day. Personally, I don't want some cheapo beater as my SHTF choice... but ANYTHING is better than nothing... you might be OK just stuffing that security six under a seat and planning the fastest possible walking route home....

Good luck!

21 - 40 of 115 Posts